No announcement yet.

Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet! I believe that's my Alien Eye Ball on page 5!

Comment

• I had a Dinky that I bought used back in the early 90s that had an electricity graphic. Not lightning or crackle. Like lines of electricity over black on the top & solid black back. It had Sharkfins, reverse stock, HSS, & chrome.

Anyone ever seen a graphic like this? Would love to see a pic of one.
      Models
      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
      I dont need furniture.
      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
      And rock that sucker.

Comment

• this is an AWESOME thread!

here's one for you!

my bassist and i BOTH ordered custom Jacksons in 1986.

mine was pretty simply -- DWEEZIL green and maple neck.....but boy was i pissed when it came in a PLASTIC case and it had the JT-6 trem

but my bassist went ALL OUT and ordered a custom Jackson bass -- this was SUPPOSED to have sharkfins, binding, etc....but the custom shop screwed up and made it like a student model instead -- dot inlays, no binding.

he sent them a pair of BOARDSHORTS and asked them to make his bass graphics to match his shorts.

they did a great job!!!! never seen this bass again, my old bassist probably kept it, even tho he got out of the music biz and got a real job

man oh man.....my Dweezil green one was a KILLER guitar, wish i could find it again.

but check out that BASS!

Comment

• Awwww what a nice couple!

Acid wash!!!!! LOL
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Awwww what a nice couple!

Acid wash!!!!! LOL
            :ROTF:

Um a very interesting look on your face there Bro.

Nice bass tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Awwww what a nice couple!

Acid wash!!!!! LOL
              that picture SCREAMS "bromance", doesn't it? :facepalm:

that bass though.....they really did a great job on it. one of the most unusual graphic basses they ever made for sure...

gat damn i miss that dweezil green strat though....that maple neck was PURE SEX. looks like that color has been ressurected, but is now called "slime green"

Comment

• Originally posted by roccotanto View Post

that bass though.....they really did a great job on it. one of the most unusual graphic basses they ever made for sure...
                I'm almost positive that bass was on ebay within the last few months. I know I came across it somewhere, and it was either this forum or the bay. Hopefully someone else here can confirm.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

• HOLY CRAP, I didn't relize how many different graphics jackson actually did in the 80's. I was alive then, but wouldn't remember anything like this since I was crawling around crapping my diaper through the 80's that I recall....:ROTF:

So what is the average value on some of these guitars? Is it steadily increasing over time? Are the rarer body shapes with graphics worth more than soloists or visa versa? Just trying to get an idea if there is much investment value.
                  Jackson USA guitars
                  BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
                  Diezel VH4
                  Framus Cobra
                  VHT UL
                  Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
                  Mesa MK3
                  Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

Click here, then read

The look of love is in your eyes
                    A look your smile can't disguise
                    The look of love is saying so much more than just words could ever say
                    And what my heart has heard, well it takes my breath away

I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you
                    How long I have waited
                    Waited just to love you, now that I have found you

You've got the
                    Look of love, it's on your face
                    A look that time can't erase
                    Be mine tonight, let this be just the start of so many nights like this
                    Let's take a lover's vow and then seal it with a kiss

I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you
                    How long I have waited
                    Waited just to love you, now that I have found you
                    Don't ever go
                    Don't ever go

J/K wit ya bro heh heh heh
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                      I'm almost positive that bass was on ebay within the last few months. I know I came across it somewhere, and it was either this forum or the bay. Hopefully someone else here can confirm.
                      REALLY? wow...i didn't see it, and i check ebay pretty regular for jacksons and charvels.....

it's one of a kind, so if you saw it, it's probably THAT one.

wish i could find my dweezil green strat again....i have not seen that one opo up for sale anywhere....

Comment

• oh yeah -- acid washed jeans -- FAIL :ROTF:

Comment

oh yeah -- acid washed jeans -- FAIL :ROTF:
                          Not back then, that was the in thing My room mate at the time and fellow Jackson guitar player actually bleached his jeans on the carpet in our apartment thereby leaving a stained pattern of pants on the carpet permanently! So, you see you weren't the only ones with the "looK" Those were some fun times in bands indeed
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Yeah, indeed
                            I bought it and it's with me in Germany now. I make some pics of it soon.
                            A really nice bass in still great condition and as i love graphics i couldn't resist. Came with Jackson hangtag and a "sold to" sign to a guy named Rob if i remember right. Was that your buddy?

Originally posted by roccotanto View Post
                            REALLY? wow...i didn't see it, and i check ebay pretty regular for jacksons and charvels.....

it's one of a kind, so if you saw it, it's probably THAT one.

wish i could find my dweezil green strat again....i have not seen that one opo up for sale anywhere....

Comment

• Originally posted by maggo View Post
                              Yeah, indeed
                              I bought it and it's with me in Germany now. I make some pics of it soon.
                              A really nice bass in still great condition and as i love graphics i couldn't resist. Came with Jackson hangtag and a "sold to" sign to a guy named Rob if i remember right. Was that your buddy?
                              THAT'S IT!!!! His name was Rob, we were in a band together called "Rag Doll".....lol....played quite a few gigs back then.

that's a great bass.......i can't believe it finally came out of hiding.

it was ordered custom thru Thoroughbred Music in Tampa.

Rob only played in bands a couple of years, then he got smart and got a "real job".....

it was the stupid ones like me that kept playing in bands :ROTF:

that bass was painted to match a set of "board shorts" that Rob used to wear and love.....

it was SUPPOSED to have shark fins and neck binding, though.....custom shop screwed up on that.....:think:

Comment

• Damn bad move letting that Dweezil strat slip away!
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X