No announcement yet.

Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, keep them coming!!! Do you remember ever doing a "tree camo" paint job. I will try to post pictures.

Comment

Man that metal bird is killer.. never saw it before.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
        Excellent, keep them coming!!! Do you remember ever doing a "tree camo" paint job. I will try to post pictures.
        I remember ordering a treebark camo Jackson for a friend of mine when I worked at Daddy's.

Comment

The tree bark camo sounds familiar....post a pic. Here's another, it was supposed to look like David Lee Roth's drummer's drums

Comment

[quote=sheltered;1115668]The tree bark camo sounds familiar....post a pic./quote]I'm wondering is sparky is the guy I sold the Treebark camo to.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
              Wow..thanks Newc. There are probably better than a dozen that I'm sure I painted. I have some better pics of many. I've found my photos, but the slides are still hiding somewhere.

The space tomato, metal bird, and bridge were winners of that Japanese contest.

Bird:

Bridge:

Dude Metal Chicken is cool, lol, i like it, lol

Comment

Here's another:

Comment

Cool, but where's Barney?!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

We did a lot of these:

Comment

really how many?

Comment

Probably 15-20 in a 6 month or so stretch. I have a silk screening background, so I made some small screens with the Roadrunner, Coyote, some cactus, etc... I remember having I think 6 of them in front of me at one time. The idea was that they should look similar, but no two should look exactly the same. So I'd print the black outline of the "feature' on different spots on each guitar and mask and airbrush the color in. Lastly I'd outlin the original outline before final clear coating. There's an article on the shop in a spring(?) of '87 guitar magazine (sorry don't remeber which title) showing a skelton hand and brick wall design being done. (as well as snake skin I think)
                        Last edited by sheltered; 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
                          Here's another:

BWAHAHAHAHHA The infamous Yabb Dabba Doo Dinky

I think Toejam used to own that one. Someone here did. We all thought it was a decal.

I had one of those Roadrunner Strats. It had Wile E. Coyote on front and Roadrunner on back, was a single single-coil and Fender-style fixed bridge.

http://autumn-frost.com/old-pics/7860.html
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had one of those Roadrunner Strats. It had Wile E. Coyote on front and Roadrunner on back, was a single single-coil and Fender-style fixed bridge.
                            Must have been a little after my time. That coyote one looks like it is based on the screens I made, but I only painted the fronts, and we did the backs ans sides black.

Funny - For a while we put "JACKSON" instead of "ACME"on the plunger for the dynamite..the production manager didn't like it and made us quit....even though we were completely poaching the design from WB.

Comment

cool stuff..here is a pic of 2 that I used to own.

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

now this is a cool thread - welcome and thanks for contributing!

Comment

Working...
                                X