No announcement yet.

Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a couple in the form that I painted.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      P.Nagel had died before 1989.These were in house paint jobs.If thats what you are referring to Zeegs.
      i think that what he means is that it's someone's poor attempt at the nagel style.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i noticed the two Vivian campbell guitars there and i remembered i had this pic from an old mag i had

"Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          P.Nagel had died before 1989.These were in house paint jobs.If thats what you are referring to Zeegs.
          No, I realize Nagel didn't actually paint any guitars. That particular graphic is just a really lame attempt at copying his style, especially compared to most others I've seen.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
            Here's a couple in the form that I painted.

See, that looks like a Nagel should look!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

OK I see what you're referring to.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

D'Painter

Jackson Forum readers,

Occasionally, when I have time, I enjoy checking out what’s new and what’s going on here in the Forum. Through the many years that I’ve been painting (close to 25 and now I feel old) there have been a hand full of graphic artists of which I have tremendous respect for; some that worked before me at Charvel /Jackson and some after. We all have our own styles and strengths that reflect the love for art and what we do. I also notice the desire for most to see “eye candy” as it’s called. I even enjoy seeing a KILLER graphic come together.

This thread was brought to my attention and just wanted to clarify that some of the graphics that are posted were painted by me “Dan Lawrence” and in fact are from my personal photos i.e.: Stryper Kelly, Hellraiser, Desert Camouflage, Nagel, Road Runner, Captain America, Bela Lagosi etc. I’m not trying to offend anyone or make any implications; but I take pride in my work no matter how long ago it was done, just wanted to be sure that credit was given where credit is due. Honesty is very important to me and anything different I consider to be a fine line. I hope this helps identify who painted what.

DRL

Comment

It's cool Dan - no one was suggesting that you didn't paint those. The guy said he painted some Jacksons so people started posting custom Jacksons asking if he painted them. As far as I can tell he's not claiming any of your work as his own.

Comment

Dan, thanks for that, and I assure you I wasn't trying to give someone else credit for your work. It's known that Jackson often had other artists replicate previous works (as evidenced by the 2 Color Dragons - I had both of those pictured and one was signed while the other was not, and the color and detail differences were very noticeable when compared side-by-side).

Artist information gets lost over the years, and I'm sure many of us would like to know who painted our guitars. Part of the reason for posting the ones you did (the Hellraiser, Stryper, etc) was to ask if "sheltered" had ever done copies of those.

On a related note: All the pics I've posted were from the Dealer Graphics Album I had a few years ago (many of those were photocopies to begin with, and some were even copies of copies, including a copy of a polaroid of a photo ). As well, many of those that you did were in your 20 Years As D'Painter book, which I used to own (had to sell it to buy more guitars )

I do want to assure you that none of the pictures I've posted were scanned from your book - these were from the "lesser quality" Dealer album and pictures that others have sent me over the years, either of guitars they've owned (the Rising Sun, TieDye, and Neon/PopArt) or from Ebay auctions.

What I want to do is find out who painted what and rename those images to include the artist's name. That way if they're ever found online, everyone knows who did the work.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Who painted the c-ck dragon???

Comment

• I like the last one best, but they all look good.

Comment

• I was wondering why Newc was posting stuff that was done in the tail end of the 90s when the guy said he worked there in 86-87.
                          Killer stuff all around. Thanks for sharing guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            I've got tons of other pics - see if any of these were yours:

My favs, but the color in the first one just rocks!
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

• Originally posted by salmonella View Post
                              Who painted the c-ck dragon???

Yes. We're all sitting here trying to figure out who deserves credit for what. Only right that we also consider who deserves blame.

Vass

Comment

• Has anyone got a picture of the original cock dragon. I've obviously seen the photoshops and have searched for pics of the original, but all the ebay auctions and pictures posted are out of date.

Comment

Working...
                                X