Wow, I had a dealer graphics album with some of those in it:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Excellent and welcome home !

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Do you still do custom graphics? I'm sure folks here would be sending work your way, if so.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow..thanks Newc. There are probably better than a dozen that I'm sure I painted. I have some better pics of many. I've found my photos, but the slides are still hiding somewhere.

Always dug the Space Tomato thing
          The space tomato, metal bird, and bridge were winners of that Japanese contest.

Bird:

Bridge:

Last edited by sheltered; 06-19-2008, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Wow, newc, either this is an old guitar of mine or the finish is exactly the same. I wish I could read what it says on the stick better. Man, it's like seeing a girlfriend I haven't seen in 20 yrs.

Last edited by Matt_B; 06-19-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Wow, newc, either this is an old guitar of mine or the finish is exactly the same. I wish I could read what it says on the stick better. Man, it's like seeing a girlfriend I haven't seen in 20 yrs.
              It says Brown Camoflage, and I believe that I painted this one. There's another with a german tank on it that I'm positive I painted.

I think I did it since the black is a little heavy on the seams, and I was just figuring it out. I had a real blow-out with the production manager on this one since he thought I mixed the colors wrong. He made me strip it down to wood myself (there were others in the shop who did that kind of stuff) to make a point. I was 27 years old and didn't appreciate being treated like I was in Jr, high.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
                It says Brown Camoflage, and I believe that I painted this one. There's another with a german tank on it that I'm positive I painted.

I think I did it since the black is a little heavy on the seams, and I was just figuring it out. I had a real blow-out with the production manager on this one since he thought I mixed the colors wrong. He made me strip it down to wood myself (there were others in the shop who did that kind of stuff) to make a point. I was 27 years old and didn't appreciate being treated like I was in Jr, high.
                Well, you were working at Jackson about the time I bought it as I recall. My guitar has a maple board and reverse headstock that was painted the same as the body.
                Last edited by Matt_B; 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Wow, great stuff!!!

Vern };^>
                  Scars are tattoo's with better stories! };^>

Charvel
                  Charvette
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio VM (Worn Cherry)
                  Yamaha RXG-420 DZ
                  Fender Strat (Pink Paisley)
                  Fender Squier Mini
                  Fender DG-5 (Acoustic)
                  Walden Natura D640TCP Cutaway (Acoustic/Electric)
                  Seagull S12 (Acoustic)
                  El Dégas (Acoustic)
                  Maestro Classical (Acoustic)
                  Behringer V-Amp2 Multi Effects Unit
                  Peavey Bandit 65 Amp
                  Line 6 Spider Jam Amp

Comment

Great of you to share these pics here. More please! . I have an 87 rising sun, maybe you painted that?
                    Very likely. I'm sure a did a dozen of two.

Comment

Actually it says "Desert Camouflage" and "Donnie F2" (looks like "F2" - could it be "F'n W"?

I always thought that Metal Bird would look great on a Warrior :drool:
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Actually it says "Desert Camouflage" and "Donnie F2" (looks like "F2" - could it be "F'n W"?

I always thought that Metal Bird would look great on a Warrior :drool:
                        I can see the "Desert Camouflage" and the rest would be "Donnie FZ" possibly. It's just weird seeing that after all these years. I remember using the panel lines to line up where to get harmonics off the body.

Comment

Donnie was the name of the production manager....wonder what the F2 or other notation was? I need to find those slides since I think I may have this one.

Comment

Found this one. I want to say it went to Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
                              It has been a while. I did paint some for Megadeth and Anthrax.
                              Cool - the Anthax guitars were among the first guitars that ever got me into Jackons!

PM sent about that
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I found a scan of this bass.
                                Last edited by sheltered; 06-23-2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X