No announcement yet.

Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me you're not the guy that did the Art Deco graphic?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

damn very cool stuff, do u still paint guitars

Comment

I don't know what the art deco one is....so hopefully it wasn't by me

I still do some airbrushing, but have't done a guitar in better that 20 years! Wow...that slippped by fast!

Comment

Deco Dream:
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thankfully I did not do that one. It really could use the pickups painted!

I haven't painted a guitar since I left over 20 years ago.....man where'd the time go?

My passion lately has been skateboarding (at nearly 49 years old!). Here's a pic of a couple of my recent decks:

Comment

Yeah, Deco Dream, thanks Joe. I forgot the name but unfortunately can not forget that hideous graphic

The original pickups were painted to match, but it really doesn't make the graphic any better
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Does this one look familiar?

Comment

Nope....can't say it does. Probably after I left rather than before I got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Yeah, Deco Dream, thanks Joe. I forgot the name but unfortunately can not forget that hideous graphic

The original pickups were painted to match, but it really doesn't make the graphic any better
                    I think I am still the only one on the board that loves the Deco Dreams.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I think Hal liked it. But then, Hal had issues

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Does this one look familiar?
                        I had a Strat body that had a similar paintjob to that, except that the number in the graphic was CSM-101. I'll see if I can dig out and scan a photo at the weekend...

Comment

Great history here. Very cool work as well. Quick question, were there any repercussions fom using the liscensed images from Warner Bros or Disney? I know Jackson frowns upon this these days.

Thanks for sharing the history and welcome!

Mike
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I like Deco dream too.

Comment

Quick question, were there any repercussions fom using the liscensed images from Warner Bros or Disney?
                              I heard of no challenges from WB or Disney, but they were clearly violations of trademarks/copyrights. The Mickey Mouse was a request, or one off from the customer, never having photos published in anything. In that case actually, the customer might be held responsible. The WB images were published in the Jackson catalogue, which was probably not the most clever idea. I would suspect that Jackson was eventually contacted over that issue.

The images I'd be concerned over were the Budweiser and Jack Daniels logos. Those two companies would spend 10 grand in legal fees to go after someone making a hundred bucks off their trademarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                                I had a Strat body that had a similar paintjob to that, except that the number in the graphic was CSM-101. I'll see if I can dig out and scan a photo at the weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X