Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
    The images I'd be concerned over were the Budweiser and Jack Daniels logos. Those two companies would spend 10 grand in legal fees to go after someone making a hundred bucks off their trademarks.
    Ultra-cool thread. Did you paint any of the Budweiser logo'd guitars or off-hand know how many were built when you were there?
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

There were a couple done right before I got there. I did not paint any.

On another note, Mike, I checked out your site. First, it is a top rate web design, and second, your work is outstanding.

Comment

Thanks bro! I appreciate that! Good to share info with someone who has paved the road at Jackson. My wife gets credit for the web design. I just designed the interface. She does all the tough stuff. You can see most of the stuff I do other than guitars at www.mikelearn.com. Lots of nudie stuff....so watch the kids.

Best regards
        Mike
        Last edited by Learn Guitars; 07-03-2008, 07:25 PM.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Way to go Newc!
          That's the same, 'cept mine had 2 Hums.
          In truth, I never really liked it - the finish was like liquid glass, but the graphic was just a bit lame (sorry...) My buddy had a Gunslinger with a similar paintjob, but the "bulletholes" were drilled into the wood and not just painted on.
          As far as I remember my Jackson was refinished in metallic black when I traded it in.

Comment

I've got tons of other pics - see if any of these were yours:

These are not the originals, obviously, but it's the only pic I had:

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This appears to be an overlay of some sort rather than a body. One of your screens?

Again, not the original, which was a Soloist.

The Tank Camo you mentioned earlier?

Slight variation in color from the other one.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

sheltered - welcome to the board. I had the opportunity to meet a potential former co-worker of yours last week, so it's pretty cool to find you hanging out here.

Newc - is that red lightning sky yours? Do you know what year it's from? My red lightning sky is from '89 and is fairly similar to yours except mine has dot inlays and three mini-switches instead of a 5-way.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Woooah... awesome.. Particularly like the woman in shades graphic. For some reason I prefer the 80s esque graphics over todays air brushed ones. NewC , that rising sun has the same symbols as mine, except in a different position and mine are apparently upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltered View Post
                    Must have been a little after my time. That coyote one looks like it is based on the screens I made, but I only painted the fronts, and we did the backs ans sides black.

Funny - For a while we put "JACKSON" instead of "ACME"on the plunger for the dynamite..the production manager didn't like it and made us quit....even though we were completely poaching the design from WB.
                    Im suprised they didnt have to pay a royalty... I remember these well. Im suprised there was that big of a demand.. Even tho I loved road runner.. Always felt sorry for Wyle E.

Always wanted a custom painted axe.. (lightening was a fav) Funny, now I prefer solid black.. But still wouldnt mind having something custom.

Comment

The tank I did, and the "Alien Eye Ball" also. it was for "Rough Cut" also. I did a number of King Crimsons also.

Im suprised they didnt have to pay a royalty
                      I seriously doubt they had any agrreemanet. They probably received a cease and desist notice.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                        sheltered - welcome to the board. I had the opportunity to meet a potential former co-worker of yours last week, so it's pretty cool to find you hanging out here.

Newc - is that red lightning sky yours? Do you know what year it's from? My red lightning sky is from '89 and is fairly similar to yours except mine has dot inlays and three mini-switches instead of a 5-way.
                        That Red Storm belongs to someone here, can't recall who.

I'd love to see that on a Warrior.

Comment

Regarding Copyrighted graphics on guitars. No one went after any guitar companies for these. It was a self instituded policy by the larger corporations in recent years to stop doing this.

The only one time there was a issue was with ESP and the Ouiji Board KH2 since they were selling it as a model you can buy in the catalogs, so there was a issue of royalties.

If you have a logo on your guitar there is no way a company is going to go after you unless you are on MTV all the time and portraying their product in a negative light.

Comment

And if you're on MTV these days, you're portraying their products in a negative light

Actually I do believe both Warner Brothers and Disney did issue a cist and disease on order, because Jackson guitars were associated with "Devil Music", and the Puritans were aghast that Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny were supporting such things as guitar solos, big hair, and spandex.
                            Last edited by Newc; 07-04-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post

That's not a real Nagel, just someone's poor imitation.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

P.Nagel had died before 1989.These were in house paint jobs.If thats what you are referring to Zeegs.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X