No announcement yet.

Custom Shop 1986-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sheltered, its so cool to say "Hello" to the guy that probably painted my 21 year old Jackson. I've always been curious about who painted it. Bought it new in December of 1987, and have had it ever since. Mine has "Jackson" on the TNT plunger like you referred to in an earlier post. Always wanted a matching Road Runner to go with it, still looking! Great to meet you!

RedRacer

Comment

• Wow.
      Never saw this thread!
      Another hidden JCF jewel.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

• Originally posted by sheltered View Post
        Here's a few for starters:

This one was a contest winner and I think is in Japan

this one is crazy! is that an asteroid belt circling a tomato planet? absolutely stellar!
        198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
        1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
        2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
        2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
        2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

• Hi Sheltered, its so cool to say "Hello" to the guy that probably painted my 21 year old Jackson. I've always been curious about who painted it. Bought it new in December of 1987, and have had it ever since. Mine has "Jackson" on the TNT plunger like you referred to in an earlier post. Always wanted a matching Road Runner to go with it, still looking! Great to meet you!

RedRacer
          That would in fact be one that I did. How about that!

I think I was off on my employment. I now believe it to be 87-88.

Comment

• There really are some awesome paintjobs here. I'm lost for words..
            Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

• Originally posted by sheltered View Post

I think I was off on my employment. I now believe it to be 87-88.
              Hey!

I have a late '87 RR Custom (logged as a first '88 one) that is half white, half black. Maybe yours?

Comment

• Holy shit Naz

Papa like!!!!!!!!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

• 87 RR Custom (logged as a first '88 one) that is half white, half black. Maybe yours?
                  It was most likely in the shop when I was there. I might have masked it off and finished it up.

Comment

• Did you do any of the crackles from that time?
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

• Did you do any of the crackles from that time?
                      Nope, though plenty were done there at the time. The color painters did all of that work. Ever seen it done?

Paint base color and dry/prep
                      Paint on clear crackle finish.(lacquer based I believe)
                      Paint crackle color.
                      Blast the surface with air to control whether its a big crackle or little crackle.
                      Clear coat, etc.

What happens is the crackle clear base dries at a rate different than the color causing it to crackle.

Comment

• I think they hit the money with the fire crackles. Those look great, especially the ones with some yellow and orange mixed in.

Comment

• Awesome painting! All of them look great, sweet thread too.
                          Gibson SG Standard
                          Jackson DK2M Dinky
                          Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                          Roland Micro Cube
                          Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

• For sale at the moment on Ebay! Not mine, found it while searching, thought it was semi relevant to this thread. And maybe someone might be interested in it. RedRacer

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-USA-Custom-...1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited by RedRacer; 01-29-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• I do believe that is owned by our very own HippieTim.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRacer View Post
                                For sale at the moment on Ebay! Not mine, found it while searching, thought it was semi relevant to this thread. And maybe someone might be interested in it. RedRacer

i would be buying it if i had the cash right now, be kinda funny to live in seattle and play a guitar with the city on it

Comment

Working...
                                X