Je-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Je-1200

Anybody have any reviews or thoughts on them? I'm thinking about picking one up but I'm not sure If I should just go with a JE-1000.

I absolutley LOVE the 1200's!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      I absolutley LOVE the 1200's!
      That's good to hear! I think I might have just picked one up. What's the difference between that and the Je-1000 though... will it give me a similar tone? Just more mids than gain in the 1200?

Comment

Yeah the 1200 is a nice midboost, where the 1000 is an active boost/somewhat eq-able, but it doesent really boost any specific frequency . I have both and prefer the 1200 hands down.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

My favourite tone is J50BC/J80C with JE1200. I like it better than the JE1000.

Comment

Now is the 1200 the one with the dip switches?I agree the the J-50 N & B sound great with either mid boost.The J-50's are very mellow like a PAF.I have two J-50's in my fusion H-H with no mid boost and they sound killer.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Awesome to hear! I just picked one up for $90 shipped and I'm psyched to get it. It came with everything needed too. I'll wait until I pick up a new pickup to put it in though.

I'm just worried that the wood in my RR3 won't sound that great.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Now is the 1200 the one with the dip switches?
                No, that's the JE1000. JE1200 has just a potentiometer for adjusting the level of midboost.

Comment

Anyone have a picture of a wired JE-1200 inside of a guitar? I might need help with wiring.

Comment

Here's a wiring diagram:

Comment

Hi guys new here, but I'm an old school jackson lover so I should fit right in. Does anyone know where to get a JE-1200? I used to have one in an old RR years ago that I had some custom work done to, and the sound was second to none. It was my favorite guitar after that. I'd like to set up my latest guitars with them. Any help on where these can be acquired would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Ebay is your best bet. They pop up from time to time. Luckily, there were quite a few guitars that had them, and lots of people take them out when they upgrade their pickups.

Comment

Thanks. I've been checking ebay and I'm looking at a few other options. I was wondering if an EMG-SPC sounded about the same? They are a lot easier to acquire and will probably cost me less. There is also a fender MID boost setup that is readily available, and being that Fender acquired jackson I'm wondering if they didn't borrow the 1200 and rename it. I have not actually physically seen either of them so I'm not even sure if the components match, but I thought it was worth asking.

Oh yeah... And one more question while I'm on a roll. Is it possible to use any of these electronics with a single pickup single nob setup? I noticed in the wiring diagram of the 1200 posted that it connects to some secondary knobs, would it be possible to forego those knobs?
                          Last edited by craven morehead; 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

the EMG mid boost for bass (from what I was told) has the closest sound to the 1200

I dont know this first hand, but I think it was NEWC that told me this
                            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by craven morehead View Post
                              Thanks. I've been checking ebay and I'm looking at a few other options. I was wondering if an EMG-SPC sounded about the same? They are a lot easier to acquire and will probably cost me less. There is also a fender MID boost setup that is readily available, and being that Fender acquired jackson I'm wondering if they didn't borrow the 1200 and rename it. I have not actually physically seen either of them so I'm not even sure if the components match, but I thought it was worth asking.

Oh yeah... And one more question while I'm on a roll. Is it possible to use any of these electronics with a single pickup single nob setup? I noticed in the wiring diagram of the 1200 posted that it connects to some secondary knobs, would it be possible to forego those knobs?
                              I have used the EMG-SPC and it is as close as you can get to the Je-1200

Comment

Working...
                              X