My first time playing a soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time playing a soloist

OK, so I've heard many of you talk about how easy it is to access the upper frets on a soloist because of the neck through design, but I had no idea...

I was in a local music shop today looking at some amps and noticed they were selling a used SL3. Having never even held a soloist before, I figured I'd use it to test out this randall head they had there. All I can say is WOW! The access to the upper frets is truly amazing! I had no idea.

The only thing I didn't care for was the finished neck, but that's not a biggie because the guitar felt incredible. I think that with the access to the upper frets it offered, I could learn to like the finished neck. (and it's not like I hate finished necks, I just prefer the unfinished style)

I currently have an order in for a copperhead DK1, which is like my dream guitar. Once it shows up, I may need to sell my BCSB DK1 and get me a soloist! It was truly amazing! And, it was an SL3!! Can't imagine how an american made soloist would feel.

Anyways, just sharing.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

So, you've always been playing the rhythm parts before?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      So, you've always been playing the rhythm parts before?

Nope, just struggling at times with my pudgy little fingers. :ROTF:
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Also, neck thrus have better sustain than bolt-ons

Comment

You should try a KV or a rhoads..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            You should try a KV or a rhoads..

I'll track some down and give them a whirl, although I am not wild about either body styles. (cast no stones please ) Jackson are very hard to find in my neck of the woods, however.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Also, neck thrus have better sustain than bolt-ons
              Damn skippy!
              www.JerryRobison.com
              '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
              X