No announcement yet.

Mahogany Imports??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they're made in Japan. Mark's personal guitars are USA Custom Shop models, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As Srommes mentions of the PC3 being mahogany; I notice in the catalogue scans that both the US PC1 and the import PC3 are listed as having said body wood.

Are the body's one and the same or is the Japanese PC3 this "agathis" you all mention?
      G.

Comment

Are the body's one and the same or is the Japanese PC3 this "agathis" you all mention?
        G.
        It's mahogany. The agathis is on the lower line of esp ltd's and ebay sellers lie about it not the manufacturers

Squier also had their satin line that was mahogany. I don't know why I didn't think of that since i have one.

Comment

there's also a late 90's DR3 in mahogany
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciated.

I was bidding on a PC3 on the bay the past few days. Lost out to a bid of $515.00 'cuz I was at work. My last highest bid was $450.00. It's moot now, but should I have gone higher? Sorry. I've deleted the link on my bookmarks so I can't post it for you all.

Still searching for that elusive "cheap n' cheerful" mahogany axe!
            G.

Comment

I would find one of these. Just change the pickups.
              If you want cheap get the squier. They came in 3 stains.

Comment

$500 is cheap for a PC3 IMO. I would go as high as $700 if it was the Floyded version, but only to $600 if it had the Wilkinson, but that's just me.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

'nother one...

1989 Charvel 750 XL (at least the trans finish ones for sure)....thunderous....makes Les Paul owners run for cover....

:ROTF:

Mark
                  "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290237414893
                    I would find one of these. Just change the pickups.......
                    I checked that out. Good price, but the bidding has ended. BTW. I'd like to get more info from the catalogue scans. When were these Model A's made?

I never noticed that one in my eBay searches. I guess it's 'cuz I go on eBay.ca; not eBay.com. It's frustrating seeing something you totally want to bid on and they won't ship to Canada. Hence my going to the Canadian eBay.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    $500 is cheap for a PC3 IMO. I would go as high as $700 if it was the Floyded version, but only to $600 if it had the Wilkinson, but that's just me.
                    I would've gone higher, but as I said; I wasn't around to do so.....sigh....

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                    1989 Charvel 750 XL (at least the trans finish ones for sure)....thunderous....makes Les Paul owners run for cover....

:ROTF:

Mark
                    I guess I'm adding that one to my wish list.
                    G.
                    Last edited by GinSonic; 07-02-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I checked that out. Good price, but the bidding has ended. BTW. I'd like to get more info from the catalogue scans. When were these Model A's made?

I never noticed that one in my eBay searches. I guess it's 'cuz I go on eBay.ca; not eBay.com. It's frustrating seeing something you totally want to bid on and they won't ship to Canada. Hence my going to the Canadian eBay.
                      I just used that one as an example. I think there still maybe a A+ up for sale which has a birdseye neck. I snagged that one on a BIN right after it when up. That's when you never saw it.
                      These came out in 2002-2005 and stopped in the US when they when back to US production of charvels. Japan still has some models though.
                      this is as much as you are going to find

Comment

I just got a pair of new Mortons in at the store. shoot me a PM if you are interested, I will make you a great deal, but they are new.
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                        X