Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Jumbo" Frets differ on various Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jumbo" Frets differ on various Jackson guitars?

I have a Jackson DK2 and a Jackson Fusion, both Japanese imports. The frets seem to be roughly about the same size. I was in Sam Ash this evening and I was playing around with both an SL3 and a DKMG. The frets on the SL3 and DKMG both seemed a bit wider and perhaps even taller than the frets on the DK2 or Fusion.

I even looked at a DK2 hanging next to a SL3 and the frets on the SL3 were definitely fatter and maybe taller. I looked on the Jackson site and their specifications say that both have "Jumbo Frets".

What gives? Are the "Jumbo Frets" a little different on different Jackson guitar models?

Dave
    Dave

I've always hated the specification of "Jumbo Frets" - what does that mean? Jackson don't have a standard for Jumbo frets, so what am I to induce about ESP, Ibanez or any other company that has Jumbo, or Extra Jumbo frets?! It doesn't mean anything.
    - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

I guess the lesson is try before you buy?

Comment

Interesting. I thought only the older 90s models used bass frets (I guess they'd be Super Jumbo).

Anyhoo, the site isn't well-known for accurate specs on the imports, from what I've seen, so you may have seen Super Jumbos on the SL3.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X