Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first time you ever a Jackson guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first time you ever a Jackson guitar.

So when was the first time you became aware of Jackson guitars?

In my case it was with seeing Vinnie Vincent playing his pink Rhoads in Kiss' video for "Lick it up"
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

hahahahaha, i became "aware" of them when they started pumping out the crappy imports (the PS series, i guess). i always HATED jackson because of the pointy headstock. to me it was TOO pointy. i was playing ibanez and fender at the time. 6 on a side heads, but not wicked pointy....

i also hated jackson because the hair-dorks from the 80's played them. then later on, all the devil worshippers played them....here in tampa, the "birth-place" of death-metal, all i'd see while my band was gigging was dirty ass dudes playing RRs and KVs.

i am opositionally defiant. i always wanna play something different than the average joe. so will all the dirt bag death metallers playing jackson, i played ESP!!! go figure. ESP was expensive then (well ESP is STILL expensive - LTD wasn't around yet), so all the dirty dudes played import RRs and junk.

then i saw a PC-1. it must have been 2001 or so. i was getting away from japanese guitars and trying to go all USA. so i traded my last ESP custom MII + $400 for a brand new PC-1. i was HOOKED. still, to this day, i only have 2 jacksons with the pointy head, an SL-1 and an SL2H. ALL the rest, from my custom charvel down to my only import, a PS-7, have the "sears" headstock. i just like it better than the pointy. if i ever order another custom shop, i will request the "sears" headstock, not even the strat-head!!!

people think i am crazy!!

at risk of getting stoned to death on the board, i am getting tired of my jacksons right now. i have gigged with them for the last 7 years. i am trying out some new stuff. i just bought a sweet ibanez iceman (still waiting for delivery) and i am thinking about gigging with my PRS's for a while. who knows though....it is pretty awesome showing up at shows with custom jacksons and seeing all the dudes playing LTDs drool.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      people think i am crazy!!
      you're crazy mark.

J/K!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

hahahahaha, you'd be surprised at how people (jackson fans) react when i talk about my love for the "sears" headstock!!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

anthrax, megadeth, metallica, and slayer videos.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Megadeth poster @ my guitar teacher's place.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Can't be any worse than me sticking up for ESP-made Kramer stuff from the 80's
              hehehe

(are they good for anything but the OFR on them?)

LOL

Being able to like more than one thing is good.

And

To hate, same thing

Multi task!

LOL
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

I didn't initially pay attention to who played what brand/model in videos or in magazines, but I recall "noticing" Jackson for the first time in a D'Addario ad showing David Ellefson playing his Jackson bass.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess my Randy poster with the original white one back from 1983-1984-ish. Then later in the 80s when many metal/hair metal bands played them.

Now that I think back, I can remember, like in 6th grade, doodling the Jackson soloists all the time in class because I thought the headstock and sharkies were so cool.
                  Last edited by Larz; 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Dave mustaine - megadeth

Comment

Good question.

When I first noticed Mustaine he was playing BC Riches. I still like him best with a Bich 10 string.

I would have to say Robbin Crosby's Black V in the Round and Round video. I remember liking that one as much as Warrens Blood Drip Charvel.

EDIT: It might have been Chris Holmes's Star too. Both were around that same time.
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Seeing Randy play his on the Diary tour a few months before the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                          anthrax, megadeth, metallica, and slayer videos.
                          +1
                          I didn't think Slayer played Jackson just B.C. and ESP...

NM I keep forgetting Hanneman is in the band
                          Last edited by JetFixxxer; 06-27-2008, 02:46 PM.
                          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

When I bought my Model 5 in 1987 I got it because I couldn't afford the Jacksons. I don't regret the decision but I remember seeing the Dinky's and Soloists on the shop wall withing I had the money for them. I distinctly remember a soloist with a Saturn-like graphic on it that I would have killed for.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

to be honest, I have no idea how I came into Jacksons LMFAO, I guess one day I walked into a store and they had a DK2 on the wall, which was at the time about $200 over my budget (damn graphics lol) so I asked If the ones without graphics were cheaper and sure enough they were so I ordered one right away!

that guitar has been through hell and back, and then back into hell (must've forgot something) and will make a badass return eventually, it desperately needs new paint lmfao, but sounds and plays GREAT, might have to toss a gotoh trem on there though
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X