Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first time you ever a Jackson guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Sorry it was a pic a posted already deleted it
    "You deserve what you dream"

Comment

For me, it was back in 2004 (I'm not even 20 years old yet, bear in mind), after going through a music store catalogue and seeing the Jackson guitars in it. I never played one until two years later and when the oppurtunity came I jumped at the chance to play one which would be a Jackson Soloist SL2-MAH, and it just felt fantastic in my hands and sounded amazing as I expected.

Comment

I think I first saw Lynch with his reverse headstock, and Warren. I always pronounced Charvel like the word marvel. Ha! They were too expensive back then for me. A friend of mine's brother had one and it played unbelieveably well. So smooth. It was amazing.

I also remember Anthrax's TMNT guitars. I used to wonder why they should rate. Now of course I realize Ian is a rhythm god.

Mustaine played Jackson. Clark from Suicidal.

Comment

1987. add in guitar world magazine. i was only 7 yrs old but knew i had to have one. then i saw pics of randy and knew it was my destiny.
          dk-1 pile of skulls
          dk-2m white
          dkmg- black forest
          rr-1 black w/gold pins
          charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
          p.o.s. randall halfstack
          peavey 5150

Comment

For me it was just after I started guitar about 2 years ago. I was at the music store looking at Fenders and Ibeenhads and I noticed Jackson. I never really looked at them because I thought they were expensive but then one day I looked at them saw that DK2's were only about $550 and knew I had to have one. At first I changed my mind and wanted save up for a particular Dean. Thankfully when I told my MOTHER(!) about the Dean she talked some sense into me. It was like "What! I thought you were saving up for a Jackson? I've never heard of this Dean brand but even I've heard of Jackson. I think you should get the Jackson, especially because you wanted it for so long." and I thought for a second and said "You're right!". Never regretted getting my DK2 instead of that Vendetta 4.0 one minute. A year and a half later it still plays just as good as when I got it, the only thing that has happened to it is that it got those oh-so-common neck pocket clear coat hairline cracks. My superb experience with my Dk2 has convinced to drop big bucks on another Jackson so I'm currently saving up for an SL1T if Ferrari Red.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              At first I changed my mind and wanted save up for a particular Dean. Thankfully when I told my MOTHER(!) about the Dean she talked some sense into me. It was like "What! I thought you were saving up for a Jackson? I've never heard of this Dean brand but even I've heard of Jackson.
              Give your Mom a big kiss!!! I did some work on a Dean Vendetta for a friends kid. What a lifeless piece of crap. I think the thing is made of particle board. It does have a nice 1/4" layer of highly polished polyester clear coat though. Listen to your mother!!!!

Comment

Robbin Crosby & Chris Holmes - and then everywhere after that.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                  I can't even remember. It's as if Jacksons have always been here.
                  First exposure was probably Randy, Vinnie, Ratt, and Stryper.
                  Actually, it might have been that famous picture with all the
                  guys holding their Jacksons or Charvels. It was an ad in guitar mags.
                  You guys know the picture I'm talking about.
                  ABSOLUTELY! That photo is legendary!

I definitely became aware of Charvel/Jackson guitars from seeing the artists/bands (Dio, Ratt, Dokken, Stryper, WASP, Ozzy, Quiet Riot, etc.) that I was into who were using them in the guitar magazines, and (yes, I'm not afraid to say it) - Circus and Hit Parader!
                  GM,
                  www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    Give your Mom a big kiss!!! I did some work on a Dean Vendetta for a friends kid. What a lifeless piece of crap. I think the thing is made of particle board. It does have a nice 1/4" layer of highly polished polyester clear coat though. Listen to your mother!!!!
                    I tried one of those Vendetta's a few months after I got my Jackson. It was horrible. The frets were sharp and it sounded lifeless and dull. And yes, that proves that listening to your parents isn't always a bad thing.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
                      > ...my first guitar,a hand-me-down Sears strat copy....
                      Dude: I had one of those "strats" as well. I belive it was made by Harmony and cost maybe 80.00 back then from the catalog. Mine was black with a white pick guard, just like the "strat" Dave Murray from Iron Maiden played. The action on that thing was so high, it was truly horrible to play, but I loved it.

A friend of mine bought one of those 88 limited edition Jacksons because someone he idolized played a Jackson. I ended up buying a charvel from some dude in the navy who was transferring overseas and he couldn't take it with him. Also got an amp, a pedal or two, and some other stuff. Sold everything else but kept the charvel for many years.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

LOL, my friend had a Jackson Jenna James model!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X