PC1 for about $900?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 for about $900?

Hey everyone, I was browsing around some Guitar Centers a few days ago and I saw that a PC1 was selling for $999. I'm having some thoughts about going back and buying it if it's a good deal or not, I've seen some PC's sell for quite a bit of money, and I'm just curious on what you guys think, and if it's worth buying.

It was this finish: http://hemshop.com/pic/07826172226.jpg

I wasn't aware that the whole neck was scalloped either, again, if I'm mistaken on any information let me know!
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

If it's all good and suits your playing style; for a cool grand, I'd snap it up.
    I've not played one, but hearing them on Youtube wannabe vids and Phil Collens himself, this is one serious tone monster. mahogany rules!
    G.

Comment

It's not scalloped and that is a fantastic price unless the thing is totally junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
        Hey everyone, I was browsing around some Guitar Centers a few days ago and I saw that a PC1 was selling for $999. I'm having some thoughts about going back and buying it if it's a good deal or not, I've seen some PC's sell for quite a bit of money, and I'm just curious on what you guys think, and if it's worth buying.

It was this finish: http://hemshop.com/pic/07826172226.jpg

I wasn't aware that the whole neck was scalloped either, again, if I'm mistaken on any information let me know!
        Hmm, why are there no knobs or switches on the guitar in that picture? Perhaps thats why its so cheap? But seriously, just make sure what they are selling is indeed a PC1 and not a PC3 or something mis-marked. If its a genuine PC1 then that price is a steal!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yeah make sure it's a 'proper' PC1! Even if the sustainer is fucked, as long as the neck is all good, then a grand is a great price!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It had a few switches, but I do remember that the sustainer didn't work properly, but it had the 2 gold switches for it.

What's the average price for them?
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
              It had a few switches, but I do remember that the sustainer didn't work properly, but it had the 2 gold switches for it.

What's the average price for them?
              The switches for the sustainer are chrome on ALL PC1's.
              If they are gold, the sustainer has been removed.
              If it's structurally intact and in good cosmetic shape, $900 is not bad at all, even if the sustainer has been removed. Great playing guitars.
              A fully functioning USED PC1 in good condition goes for around $1,400.
              -Rick

Comment

One thing about the dreaded Guitar Center...you have 13 days to return
                it to ANY local GC no matter where you ordered it from online. I say 13
                just to make sure...(it's a 14 day period) Buy with confidence!
                IMO a proper PC-1 with everything working, and in good condition with
                only very minor blemishes, is worth $1400.00 Heck i paid $1939.00 for
                mine Brand new! :-) The sustainer may be bad....but you can
                always have the guy your talking too on the phone, try it out for you,
                and call you back?

Comment

I'd say jump on that, even if you're going to flip it. You could probably make a couple bucks blowing it out here even.

Is it a strathead or circumcised?

As far as GC's 13/14 days to return- if the guitar was mis-marked (ie, it was a DK2 not a DK1, it was a PC3, not a PC1) I don't think you'd have ANY problem at all getting your money back. There's a difference between buyer's remorse and buyer didn't get what they thought they were getting.

Vass

Comment

A scalloped neck???

Doesn't that seem a little odd? To my knowledge, PC1s don't have that feature.

Comment

Actually, when I got my BOF shipped in from a GC in Kansas, the guy there told me the return period was 30 days. I've also been told the same thing by the guys at my local GC so I would double check that.
                      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

For what it's worth, last year I got a PC1 from a GC that was tagged at $999. Its in excellent condition and sustainer works perfectly. If I remember correctly I talked them down to $950 or so. Here's a pic that GC sent me with the tag at the time:

Comment

Working...
                        X