Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Guitar Show

Pics from the Tokyo Guitar Show yesterday:

I was surprised that Jackson Stars was allotted so much floorspace at this show, as they didn't have a huge booth at the Yokohama Musical Instrument Fair back in November.

The inlays weren't as crazy and the finishes weren't as overly intricate as they were at last November's Fair, but still some kick ass looking guitars

Soloist with Kahler:

Demmelition V

with a "Shannon Hole"

McD, Me, and Mike Shannon:

There was an Ozzy tribute band that played in the evening. The guitarist was playing a Jackson Stars RR through a Marshal 1959RR. He NAILED Randy's solos, but the singer was really goofy... which I guess means that he nailed Ozzy's stage act as well

And of course, no trade show would be complete without cleavage This lady, Kumi Adachi, is a Roland endorsee, and was playing over a backing track at the BOSS booth.

I got to talk in depth with McD (great guy), a guy from the Jackson Japan factory, and a guy from Yamano Gakki (the Japanese Jackson distributor). I wished that McD and Mike had some free time away from the show so that I could give them a tour of Tokyo that includes destinations that may or may not be "company approved"

Anyway, enjoy the photos!
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Thanks for sharing, that amber quilt in the second pic is gorgeous!! (and yay for cleavage!)

Comment

those guitars are drool inducing thanks for the pics
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for sharing all this! Did you ask anythign about the Jackson Stars Custom Shop?

Comment

damn!! japan has some killer guitars!! thanks for the pictures!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool man! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Wonderful pics!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Man those Jackson Stars are awesome.
                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

The RR with the matching reverse glitter headstock and the boomerang inlays is way over the top. Should send it to me before anyone else sees it. The 2 soloists with the reverse headstocks and the gold logos also just to be sure.
                  My gear
                  87 Charvel Model 6
                  86 Charvel Model 4
                  93 Jackson RR EX
                  93 Jackson Kelly STD
                  88 Ibanez RG560
                  99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                  Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Awesome pictures! Lots of reverse headstocks in that booth!!

Comment

Very nice stuff.
                      Thanks for the pics.
                      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I love the string through RR's... Gotta get me one of those

Comment

Very cool - what are the Charvels with the direct mounted pickups, and the h/s/h pickguard version? All customs or something for the Japanese market?
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

No NASLs?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, what purpose does the "Shannon hole" serve?
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X