Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Warriors?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

very cool stuff. I wish I was there to see it all.

Comment

Great pics. Cool to see what our Japanese breathren can get. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'm glad that all of you guys dig the pics

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          Cool! Thanks for sharing all this! Did you ask anythign about the Jackson Stars Custom Shop?
          Yes I did. The short answer is that they will start taking semi-custom orders before setting up the Custom Shop, but the guy from Yamano Gakki didn't give me a timeframe. I will post the long winded answer in the thread in the Import Jackson section.

Originally posted by Glave View Post
          The RR with the matching reverse glitter headstock and the boomerang inlays is way over the top. Should send it to me before anyone else sees it. The 2 soloists with the reverse headstocks and the gold logos also just to be sure.
          According to McD, that is a sig model for one of the guys from Gojira, and may be made available to the public in the future.

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Very cool - what are the Charvels with the direct mounted pickups, and the h/s/h pickguard version? All customs or something for the Japanese market?
          Actually, most of the guitars at the show were not from the Japanese factory, but made at the USA Custom Shop. As the Japanese factory is not making MIJ Charvels anymore, I don't think that there will be any more "Japan Only" Charvels.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          No NASLs?
          Nope... McD told me that he had given you tickets to NAMM, so I told him that I had just sent you a couple of NASL's. He had no idea what that model was, so I told him that it was a Japan only model which got discontinued.

Originally posted by levantin View Post
          Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, what purpose does the "Shannon hole" serve?
          The Shannon hole enables access to the jackplate screw which is covered by the extra fin on the upper horn of the V
          Last edited by QuantumRider; 06-29-2008, 07:22 PM.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Well, McD tried to get me NAMM tickets - I wasn't on the list under FMIC or JCMI. DIdn't think to ask about "Jackson"

Ah well, maybe next year.

I took one of my NASL-160s with me, and showed pictures of it to Mike Kotzen, since he had no idea what Nick and I were raving about

Comparing the pics of the NASL - horn length, body joint, etc - to the 24 fret Satin Black SLS at the show, the tip of the NASL's top horn is even with the 14th fret, same as that particular SLS (both being 24 fret).

I think the back half of the NASL is wider than the SLS, though, since the NASL will not fit in a standard Soloist case, but fits just fine in a JJ case.

Anyhoo, sad to see it dropped from the line
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for all the pics QR. There are some beautiful looking guitars there. Where do all those USA Custom Jackson Stars end up for sale? I see the odd one at Ikebe Gakki, but no where near as many as you've posted.

Also odd that the Japanese made guitars are all at the back (the ghost flames, swirls and pokka-dot guitars).

Shame about the semi-custom thing. Sounds like they've pretty much killed it. Oh well.

Comment

Great pics!!!!!!!!!
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Wow! There was some cool stuff there indeed! PCS Rhoads, and an interesting take on Randy's original white using the current body style but old school pinstripes, block inlays, V-trem, control knob layout, and top mounted toggle switch. The Purple Daze Soloist looks great too, just need to loose the middle single coil pickup.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow, great pics. THANKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      Thanks for all the pics QR. There are some beautiful looking guitars there. Where do all those USA Custom Jackson Stars end up for sale? I see the odd one at Ikebe Gakki, but no where near as many as you've posted.
                      There are other musical instrument shops besides Ikebe Gakki in Japan, and a lot of them don't ship overseas. I would venture to say that the ones you don't see on Ikebe's site go to these other shops (Musicland Key, Kurosawa Gakki, etc.)

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      Shame about the semi-custom thing. Sounds like they've pretty much killed it. Oh well.
                      Actually, the guy said that he personally wanted to start up the semi custom orders ASAP, but he's just a cog in the big corporate wheel...

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      Wow! There was some cool stuff there indeed! PCS Rhoads, and an interesting take on Randy's original white using the current body style but old school pinstripes, block inlays, V-trem, control knob layout, and top mounted toggle switch. The Purple Daze Soloist looks great too, just need to loose the middle single coil pickup.
                      Mike Shannon and McD told me that Randy himself preferred the "current" body shape over the "original" Rhoads, because of the lack of high fret access on the latter.
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I see a KV with a fixed bridge in the first pic all the way on the right on the stage

Please make more like those please.

Comment

Wow!! Talk about eye Candy Thank youuuuu.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                            There are other musical instrument shops besides Ikebe Gakki in Japan, and a lot of them don't ship overseas. I would venture to say that the ones you don't see on Ikebe's site go to these other shops (Musicland Key, Kurosawa Gakki, etc.)
                            And do those USA Jackson Stars Customs sell for the stupid prices as advertised? (like 700,000yen)

Comment

Nice Pics. Anyone know if Jackson USA will make the RR PCS type Rhoads?

Comment

Totally awesome, thanks for the pics Atsushi!

So much to see! Interesting fact about that Gojira sig RR (string-thru!), I know one of the guitarists is playing a RR1T.

Also sounds like there's still hope for the semi-custom and custom shop being resurrected... and I'll make damn sure I'll be ready for when that happens!
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X