No announcement yet.

Tokyo Guitar Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the plug on the chic guitar player, I have never heard of her.
    Did you say that there are not any more japanese charvels in the making?
    Did I see a recessed tremolo on the charvels or was that just a shadow?
    Last edited by phill_up; 06-30-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Those Dinkys or soloists in the 8th picture are awesome.
      Gibson SG Standard
      Jackson DK2M Dinky
      Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
      Roland Micro Cube
      Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        And do those USA Jackson Stars Customs sell for the stupid prices as advertised? (like 700,000yen)
        Well, they start out priced ridiculously, but because no one wants to spend that kind of cash, the prices generally come down. The hot rod flames on flame maple Kellys from November's fair are still on Ikebe's site, and I think that they've come down from the original asking price.

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
        So much to see! Interesting fact about that Gojira sig RR (string-thru!), I know one of the guitarists is playing a RR1T.
        The silver sparkle RR didn't have "USA" on the headstock, so it may come out as an MIJ model, like the Mark Morton sig.

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        Thanks for the plug on the chic guitar player, I have never heard of her.
        Did you say that there are not any more japanese charvels in the making?
        Did I see a recessed tremolo on the charvels or was that just a shadow?
        There are some videos of her playing on youtube, which I checked out after I got home. She was much better at the Tokyo Guitar Show than in the youtube videos, though.

As far as I can remember, all of the Charvels had non recessed trems. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a MIJ Charvel Model C (strat head, single hum, recessed floyd, scallopped heel) before they stopped making them
        Last edited by QuantumRider; 07-01-2008, 02:34 AM.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Gotta love JAPAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Glave View Post
            The RR with the matching reverse glitter headstock and the boomerang inlays is way over the top. Should send it to me before anyone else sees it.
            Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
            According to McD, that is a sig model for one of the guys from Gojira, and may be made available to the public in the future.
            Huh? Looks like the Custom RR of Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Huh? Looks like the Custom RR of Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine.
              Oops... My bad.

I must have gotten confused because there was a Gojira video playing on the monitor underneath the guitar...

No blood no foul though, right?
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

And do those USA Jackson Stars Customs sell for the stupid prices as advertised? (like 700,000yen)
                I thought ALL "jackson stars" were made in Japan?

Comment

I thought ALL "jackson stars" were made in Japan?
                  No, some are and were made in the USA, as were some of the Grover Jacksons before the Stars. If you search back through old threads, you'll find some discussion of it.

Comment

Okay this is very interesting. Are the "Jackson Stars" under the Fender umbrella like Jackson and Charvel? Also what is the difference between the Grover Jackson and Jackson Stars.
                    I apologize for turning this post away from the topic, Is there another thread somewhere that could bring me up to speed on all of the history of these different axes?
                    Thanks in advance guys!

Comment

I want one of those flamed-maple covered soloists with a racing Stripe!
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That Kelly looks hot. But is that the light that makes trans black look like that, or is that purple/red/pink quilt actually the real finish? If it is, I WANT IT! Oh, and how much?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Okay this is very interesting. Are the "Jackson Stars" under the Fender umbrella like Jackson and Charvel? Also what is the difference between the Grover Jackson and Jackson Stars.
                          I apologize for turning this post away from the topic, Is there another thread somewhere that could bring me up to speed on all of the history of these different axes?
                          Thanks in advance guys!
                          There's no definitive thread on the topic, but if you look in this old one

you'll find discussion about it that should answer your questions. It also has a link to Henrik's site and to a document that appeared on the Caparison forum in which the Japanese Jackson connection is discussed.

If you put "jackson stars" into the pull down search menu, you'll get more threads. Either that or in google try "site:jcfonline.com jackson stars". It seems a little moot at this stage, as their custom and semi-custom systems are both unavailable presently and the Japanese market line of Charvels have stopped being made.

Comment

Jackson Stars USA Custom guitars are made by Jackson USA custom shop...just different logo put on.

Comment

Jackson Stars USA Custom guitars are made by Jackson USA custom shop...just different logo put on.
                              But the Stars line is just supposed to be made for the Japanese market, right?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I understood that every guitar that has a "Stars" logo is intended for the japanese market, no matter where it's made. Because of the legal issues, everything sold in Japan has to carry that name.
                                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                                X