Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Graphics!

Perusing through the bay and saw this;

What does Charvel/Jackson call this graphic? The "Tree roots gone crazy," or Bad case of varicose veins," graphic. It's kinda' busy lookin', but I like it. The black inlays are cool too. Look better on a maple fretbard though.
    G.

Looks like the roots that were cloggin' the main sewer line coming out of my house last fall.:ROTF:

Actually, that's pretty badass! Killer graphic!!!

Comment

That just looks like a crackle finish to me, albeit a very good one.

Comment

Never seen a crackle like that. Cool 3DR!

Comment

Budman I believe has one like that. It was used on the cover of the Jackson Electronics catalog if I recall his past posts correctly. I don't remember seeing any "dark" inlays on the Model series Charvels before though. I'm thinking someone colored over the factory white dots. Great looking crackle thats for sure!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

That, is a nice Crackle.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Looks like some sort of artery design...a type of DNA finish.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

The crackle finishes back then were done using chemicals. Unfortunately they were bad for the environment, but each one was totally unique because of the chemical reaction.

The new ones are airbrushed.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Comment

Thats is called fire crackle.I don't think the inlays are original.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The locking nut also looks strange with a JT6 trem (at least it's not the same on my model 4)
                      Is it usual for a 3DR ?

Comment

Wow, it's been bid up over $1000?!?

Comment

$1251.99?!? What's up with this guitar? In the Q+A, somebody claims to have paid $1600 for another of the same model. Orly?

Comment

Working...
                          X