Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2t and DKMGt differences??!?!?

More newbish queries! {Tolerance is a virtue as well! }

I downloaded the 2008 catalogue and have been checking it out alot.
    Comparing the mentioned models;
    - DK2t is a pro series with SD pups.
    - DKMGt is not a PRO series with EMG pups.

Other than that, what else is different between the two? The DK2 costs less than the MG, but the DK2 is a PRO series??!?!?
    G.

Both the Pro and MG are made in Japan. The only difference is that the MG series comes with EMGs and the Pro comes with Duncans.
    Scott

Comment

Do you think the $150 - $200 price difference between the two is all to do with the different pups? Well...I'm not an expert. That's why i'm asking.

There's gotta be other differences; Electronics? Bridge? Paint process? Oh....wait a sec....Lemme take a closer look......

.............Okay. I'm back.
      Says the DKMGt is an arched body and the DK2t has no such mention.

Other than the shape/silhouette of the body, what affect does the arched body design serve over the non arched one?
      G.

Comment

Don't forget that the DK2 series are all flat top guitars with sharkies whereas the DKMG series are all carved top with piranha inlays.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

err....I just read your WHOLE second post this time and you already saw the body differences.
          Only effect I could see between the two different body styles is purely asthetic. Maybe a slight .....very slight.... tonal difference because the arch top is thicker, but you wouldn't notice it anyways because of the different pickups.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
          X