RR1 vs KE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 vs KE2

So which one do you guys like better and for what reason?

its basically a looks thing for me ... i love V's and the kelly shape never really did it for me , the KE2 is a great guitar i like the neck profile , and the 24 frets never bothered me but im a rhoads guy ... the RR1 owns!! although the KE1 is a killer guitar and is on me wish list

Comment

Body style, the RR1. Neck thickness, the KE2. I'd have a hard time deciding myself.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-05-2008, 03:41 PM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Those are the two bodies in the Jackson lineup that I like the most
        I am gonna start saving up to get either a KE2 or RR1 and the one I dont get will be the guitar I will be going after that.
        Jackson is the best brand IMO
        so therefore I am gonna stick with them

Comment

Watch out for those KE2's, they are a bit neck heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Watch out for those KE2's, they are a bit neck heavy.
            Understatement, I've played 6 and only the one I owned was even playable.
            Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

RR1 all the way here.

Comment

I like the KE3 better simply because I think the RR is ugly. But, because I play KVs, the RR is probably more comfortable to play.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I haven't played a KE2 (I want a KE1 with a undying passion though), I love the way both look. IN terms of looks, I say the KE, in terms of playability, I can't judge..The RR's only have 22 frets which is a super flaw in my POV.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

KV > RR, Kelly

But if I had to choose it would be the rhoads, because nothing is more comfortable than a V-shaped guitar.
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I'd probably get a kelly, I already have a KV2 and fucking love it, but the kelly would be like a dream to own... to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                        KV > RR, Kelly

But if I had to choose it would be the rhoads, because nothing is more comfortable than a V-shaped guitar.
                        apart from a super strat
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I have one of each and I'd have to go with the KE2. While the RR1 looks cooler, to me, the Kelly is a lot more comfortable. Maybe my KE2 is a freak, but I don't have any trouble with the neck diving.
                          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I felt a lot more comfortable playing my Kelly, than the old RRs I've had. So I'd give the nod to the Kelly. That said, I love RRs too, and would like to have one again someday.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                              I've had both RR1's and KE-2's and lots of them.

IMHO...

The RR1 leans forward (face of guitar faces my feet).. and only has 22 frets.

The KE-2 Neck Dives... everyone of them i've ever played, some more than others though.
                              The RR1 doesn't lean forward on me, but the old Kelly XLR I had did (it was a bolt-on with reverse sharks and headstock). There was no neck dive, though.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X