Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why didn't fender put up the mother of all info pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why didn\'t fender put up the mother of all info pages?

Well put Sully! ][ :o )#

[ May 08, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Soloist1 ]
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Amen, brotha'! Sully, you are just making too much sense around here, lately. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thank you for being an admin, and a damn well-reasoned one at that.

Most of the half-@ssed Fender-bashing around here has little to do with what's happening with Jackson / Charvel, and more to do with peoples' attitudes about the "takeover" by a perceived corporate giant (...as if anyone could actually consider Fender - or any other guitar company for that matter - a "corporate giant". [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ), and *****ing and moaning about "why haven't they done x, y or z", my favorite pet project.

Well maybe that's because they're TOO BUSY WORKING ON NEW F'N PRODUCT!!! Have you thought about that??? ...And you know what? Maybe they could give a rat's @ss about your opinion because maybe you don't actually buy any of that new product, anyway? Cripes, give them a chance guys. And give them some freak'n time. If and when they actually screw it up, b*tch and moan all you want. IMHO, that ain't likely to happen, though.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
        What does MOAIP hold that are so precious? Productions specs on every serial#?

Yes, i really don't know what it is, because i have never seen it.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More specifically, it's a listing (with pics) of all production guitars by Jackson, with specifications of what hardware, pickups they had. It even listed what finishes they came in for certain production years. I'm told it wasn't a perfect listing (it contained a few errors), but it was a very handy resource.

'bane

Comment

Sully,

It's posts like that that make me proud to be associated with this administration ... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Newc, you still aren't getting it. The collectors had absolutely nothing to do with the inaccurate reissue made for so many years. In fact, Fender borrowed guitars from a number of collectors to use as models for the new guitars back in the 80's. What happened was Fender R&D decided that modern players wanted thin C shape necks, not bulky V or U shaped necks, that the pickups could be wound with modern plain enamel wire because it was already in stock, essentially build a modern instrument that resembled a real vintage guitar but with a modern feel. Once it was set into motion, they didn't touch it. It takes a long time to get Fender to change anything they don't feel is broken.

[ May 08, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

thanks 'bane
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                Supeeeerb answer there! Thanks!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your welcome - cripes.

On a serious note, seeing as levity isn't appreciated, I'm with the "Fender is good for Jackson" camp. I live in the UK and I haven't seen more than 2 new Jacksons on a shop wall for years. My favourite "walk in and see guitars on the wall store" recenlty had a DKMG on the wall and then a DXMG, they were the only 2 Jacksons they could get off Fender at the time and they both lasted less than a week before they were out the door in someones hands - I missed them both of course. There are more on the way and this can only be a good thing.

What else I found interesting was that the Jackons were surrounded by about 15 Ibanez models and they are still all there.

Comment

Hey, if you need some help resurrecting the beast...call me. I may have what you need... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] subtle hint... a wink's as good as a nod to a blind man.

cheers.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Comment

Jim - ok. Thanks. I'm done with that one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sully - Yes, I bash Fender but not out of any hurt feelings that Jackson didn't buy them out instead. I bash them because I'm quite sure there's a list similar to the MOAIP for Strats, Teles, Rustangs, etc etc that was built by both fans and employees that is freely available, but the J/C fans are basically denied the same honor because it was created by former Jackson/AMIC employees and "those hairband types". Sorry, but I'm seeing it as hypocritical of Fender to require this sort of thing to pass the committee before it can be made public (if at all). What information did it contain that could "stain" Fender's trademarks? None. It only contained the necessary information to find various J/C models and production years, most of which varied only in bridge number or hardware color, and to help answer the flood of "what do I have here?" questions.

Yeah I'm a d1ck about it, too, and I'm gonna keep being a d1ck about it.

D1cks for d1cks - if anyone wants to be one to me then I'll be one right back at 'em.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X