Allen wrench holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen wrench holder

Hi, I noticed some Soloists with some sort of holder for the allen wrenches on the back of the headstock... anybody knows how to get one of these and how are they installed?
    "You deserve what you dream"

They mount with a single screw.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      Looks like they are sold out of chrome and black ones.

Comment

If your guitar came with out one I wouldn't put one on.JMO I think they look bad.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks
          "You deserve what you dream"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM.
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Looks like they are sold out of chrome and black ones.
              Bummer. Having a hard time finding that type elsewhere. Lots of places have the bulky ones with set screws. There's a Gotoh version here that doesn't look bad:

Comment

I have an older chrome one that someone put on the back of an old Ibanez I had.

Not only did it have the 1 screw, it had 2 points on either side of the screw that drove into the wood.

I took it off and threw it in my tech box. I assume it's still in there.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

If you install one, make sure you drill a small pilot hole first. The shop I bought mine from said the screws would "self tap" and not need pilot holes. Both screw heads broke off during installation leaving the screw shaft inside the headstock. Had to remove the neck to have the screws extracted, then the holes filled.
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Also, in the late '80s and early '90s, there was a hardened plastic device called a TremTool... it attached to your headstock using 3M tape. I put one on the back of my Kramer in the late '80s and loved it! I don't know if it's still made or not, but scroll down to see it in this PDF file.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore...#miscellaneous

Also, in the late '80s and early '90s, there was a hardened plastic device called a TremTool... it attached to your headstock using 3M tape. I put one on the back of my Kramer in the late '80s and loved it! I don't know if it's still made or not, but scroll down to see it in this PDF file.

http://www.mamusic.com/retailpdf/81-82.pdf

From the first link, model GN0645HD-BLK is the one I had.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore...#miscellaneous

http://www.mamusic.com/retailpdf/81-82.pdf
                        I had one of those on my PS4. It's junk. The metal was so soft that the allen wrech rounded off with the slightest amount of pressure, and the little plastic piece didn't hold it well either
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Really? I stuck it on my Kramer in the late '80s... it's still holding in place. I've actually tried pulling it off to put on another guitar, but haven't gotten it off yet. I don't use that guitar any more, but the TremTool still gets use for other guitars and hasn't worn down.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Allen wrench holder

!!!!

Comment

I like the extra mass on the headstock.
                              Perhaps it's mental.
                              Perhaps I'm mental.
                              No, wait, I'm fukkin' mental
                              Nevermind
                              Dammit, I wish this backspace key would work!
                              hehe
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X