No announcement yet.

Allen wrench holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What spike meant to say was that he was METAL!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      What spike meant to say was that he was METAL!

Yeah, what Hellbat said!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

I've got an old Kahler steeler variant (fulcrum trem) with Imperial bolts....where the heck can I find a wrench holder for that?!?

Comment

Imperial = non-metric?
          Sorry...
          Dumb question?
          Some (like the Schaller that came stock on bunches of Kramers/Charvels) seem to have a ball-detent (setscrew with a spring-loaded ball at the end), that allows for a certain amount of variation in size.
          What size was the Kahler Allen wrench?
          Last edited by nhspike; 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM.
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Imperial = non-metric?

Exactly.

Comment

hehe!
              --floydkramer

Comment

Lookin good so far spike!

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                  Some (like the Schaller that came stock on bunches of Kramers/Charvels) seem to have a ball-detent (setscrew with a spring-loaded ball at the end), that allows for a certain amount of variation in size.
                  That's the one I have and like. I like to put the holders on. Playing live I have a backup guitar, but when practicing it's nice to have the wrenches there handy just in case and not have to figure out where I last saw an allen wrench.

Since the holder is on the back of the headstock it doesn't make difference in looks and so long as you drill the pilot hole, as stated here, there's no worry about splitting/cracking the headstock .. but remember to put some blue tape on the drill bit so you don't go too deep!

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

I installed one on a guitar many years ago and also have one that came stock on my Fusion. I find it very convenient for quick string changes and unclamping for retuning when the fine tuners bottom out. If installed properly, it should have no detrimental effect on headstock integrity. As far as aesthetics...the back of my guitar does not get much attention, so, to me, the functionality is well worth the trade off in aesthetics. I will not hesitate to add one to any Floyd equipped guitars that I may pick up in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X