Where can a get a ke-3 neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can a get a ke-3 neck?

does jackson sell these new or do i have to buy used?
    I bought a used DXMG for $100 and want to mod the shit out of it
    i already put in a OFR,all new pots/ 3 way switch and a coil tap mini switch and duncans distortion mayhem set now i need that Kelly neck
    body is going to be repainted/air brushed by a bud of mine who does some really great work
    Last edited by savage; 07-08-2008, 08:45 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

You will have to buy it used. I would recommend eBay for stuff like this. But I'd recommend looking at a DK-2 neck actually, since the KE-3 doesn't have binding. But what's wrong with the DXMG neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      You will have to buy it used. I would recommend eBay for stuff like this. But I'd recommend looking at a DK-2 neck actually, since the KE-3 doesn't have binding. But what's wrong with the DXMG neck?
      +1

I'd think it would be a step down going from a bound DXMG neck to an unbound KE3.

Why not go for a DK1 neck?

Comment

the DX neck is feels alright but has a busted rod which is why i got it so cheap
        the reason i was after a ke3 neck s that it is shaved a bit thinner in profile than the DK1(i own a '91)
        and is just a hair thinner than the DK-2 necks i have tried
        here are the spec's
        KE3,
        Neck Dimensions 1st Fret: .720”, 12th Fret: .805”

DK2,
        Neck Dimension 1st Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”

DK1,
        Neck Dimensions : 3rd Fret: .750", 12th Fret: .810"

I know that the size between the DK2 and the KE3 is real minimal but i really prefer the feel of the Ke's neck
        it is probably because it is unbound or something
        one of the fastest jackson necks i have tried
        Last edited by savage; 07-08-2008, 10:58 AM.
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

What about a DK2 neck?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

BTW, this DXMG was made in INDIA

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
              the DX neck is feels alright but has a busted rod which is why i got it so cheap
              the reason i was after a ke3 neck s that it is shaved a bit thinner in profile than the DK1(i own a '91)
              and is just a hair thinner than the DK-2 necks i have tried
              here are the spec's
              KE3,
              Neck Dimensions 1st Fret: .720”, 12th Fret: .805”

DK2,
              Neck Dimension 1st Fret: .735”, 12th Fret: .810”

DK1,
              Neck Dimensions : 3rd Fret: .750", 12th Fret: .810"

I know that the size between the DK2 and the KE3 is real minimal but i really prefer the feel of the Ke's neck
              it is probably because it is unbound or something
              one of the fastest jackson necks i have tried
              Ah, I see.
              Well, good luck to you then. Maybe you could find a used KE-3 for cheap and cannibalize it for the neck?

Comment

Ah, I see.
                Well, good luck to you then. Maybe you could find a used KE-3 for cheap and cannibalize it for the neck?
                yeah that would be fine but knowing me i would want to keep the kelly as is!

Comment

Working...
                X