Replacement Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Neck

I have a JSX-94 Concept which I scored on eBay Australia for $300, I hear only 600 were ever made.

I had problems with the locking nut (had to use pliers to tighten and loosen them up... which left many cut fingers and a damaged locking nut) and my floyd rose tuners would cut the fingers on my right hand up... so tuning was very difficult (hours of tuning + cutting fingers + damaging locking nut) just to be able to play it... but some days I could tune it in less than 2 mins and it stayed in tune for weeks.

Well earlier today I went ballistic and threw it at the ground and snapped the headstock off half way on the 3rd tuner... which was still connected to the rest of the guitar. I just placed the snapped part back on and replaced the strings... I can still play it and tune it but it's the same as before. I'll have to get a new floyd rose for it to work (besides headstock damage).

So enough of the story... I'm looking for a JSX-94 replacement neck (22 frets)... Any idea where to get one?
    Last edited by Mr.McTaco; 07-10-2008, 08:44 AM.
    www.facebook.com/espionageband

LOOKING FOR LATE-80s/EARLY-90s ESP guitars (preferably with the "lawsuit" Jackson style headstocks). Email me at
    [email protected]!

Finding an exact replacement will be tough, given the age and relative rarity of the Concept line. However, a 22-fret Jackson Performer (follow-up to Concept) neck would be easier to find, and should fit correctly. I have three fixed-bridge Concepts, but have not tried a different model neck on any of them to know what else might fit. You could take your chances with a Dinky or Stealth neck from the mid-90s, as they should also have similar dimensions.
    sigpic

Comment

That's the headstock now... not cracked... but broken off.

LOOKING FOR LATE-80s/EARLY-90s ESP guitars (preferably with the "lawsuit" Jackson style headstocks). Email me at
      [email protected]!

Comment

see if you can glue it first. Those models are really hot right now. They are going for stupid money. A ps2 should be the same neck though.

Comment

Yeah, that can be glued and clamped and be good as new. A couple dowels wouldn't hurt too. A luthier should be able to do it for a few bucks.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah I'll get the headstock fixed soon... I played around with the floyd rose and now it tunes easily, I still might get a new one... How does a gold floyd rose on the black/blue-ish coloured JSX look?

[email protected]!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200240440827

[email protected]!

Comment

Is it a 22 or 24 fret neck? The JSX94 is the same as the stealth isnt it? So a stealth neck should be a retro fit. As for fixing the headstock. It can be done. I had a DK2S that broke in the exact same place. I glued it with would glue and clamped it. And its still holding strong today almost 3 years later. its not a perfectly clean fix due to some paint and decal chipping. But it is holding strong.
                Gil

Comment

I have a Model 2 neck that broke off at the same spot. It's glued and works good as new.

Also.....consider anger management please, either that or have your fit in a room with NO GUITARS!!!!!
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

Is this the thinnest Jackson neck ever made or...?

[email protected]!

Comment

So this is why so many people want replacement necks - take a chill pill godammit!
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just for the record, the only way Jackson can do a replacement neck is if the guitar was still under warranty. Unfortunately because of ass hole counterfeiters at shady stores and on line auctions, Jackson can no longer sell necks and that sucks for all of you out there with legitimate needs. Like has been mentioned earlier by "inazone" those necks will work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X