Oh the good ol' days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the good ol' days

About a week ago, I was in the thread titled "first time you ever a Jackson" and I told the story of helping my late friend Judy custom order her first Jackson.
    I was cleaning out the closet in my office today and ran into a picture I forgot all about. We had a fried at the time who was trying to start a photography studio and, when he saw the new guitar he asked if he could do a photo shoot with it. This is just one of the pictures that came out of that shoot. (circa 1986)

Judy sent a bunch of the pictures that she had to Jackson kept a couple for herself and gave me this one. Just thought I'd share this with you.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Thats pretty cool Robert! Great 80's look!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      Thats pretty cool Robert! Great 80's look!
      haha, well it WAS 86..

Comment

Too bad its' your late friend Judy? Pretty lady. Any audio of her playing? Was she influenced by Lita, and Jennifer Batten? Very cool
        for a chick to be ordering a custom Jackson imo! She might have been
        1 of 10 ladies to do so, in the 80's! Any recording of your friend would
        be very cool to hear! Sorry for your loss.

^^ Robert, im glad my last name isnt "Hendrix"... I cant imagine
        the pressure of being expected to know Jimi's entire catalog everytime
        you introduce yourself! :-)
        Last edited by Robert Burns; 07-13-2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Too bad its' your late friend Judy? Pretty lady. Any audio of her playing? Was she influenced by Lita, and Jennifer Batten? Very cool
          for a chick to be ordering a custom Jackson imo! She might have been
          1 of 10 ladies to do so, in the 80's! Any recording of your friend would
          be very cool to hear! Sorry for your loss.
          Actually, she didn't play a note. She was mainly a collector. aside from three custom Jacksons (this was the first one, she was on a first name basis with the guys at the Jackson custom shop)she also owned a Shenker Gibson V, a Peavy Vandenburg (that she somehow managed to custom order before the stores got them) a solid Rosewood Bass that her friend Buddy Blaze built for her and a Kramer Nightswan. After I moved to North Carolina, we lost touch. When I found out she'd passed away a couple of years ago, I also found out that she'd been trying to find me because she wanted me to have the Jacksons but I had left no forwarding address. I sometimes wonder what ever happened to those guitars, but it's probably best that I don't know.

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          ^^ Robert, im glad my last name isnt "Hendrix"... I cant imagine
          the pressure of being expected to know Jimi's entire catalog everytime
          you introduce yourself! :-)
          Hehehe.. I have refused to play Hendrix stuff for years just to stay away from that. I have recently bit the bullet and started messing around with Voodoo Child. To be honest, I never was a huge Hendrix fan. I respect his music and his talent though.
          Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X