Just got back from South Texas Rock Fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from South Texas Rock Fest

just outside San Antonio. Had a great time, seeing a lot of bands whose music are part of my "life soundtrack" back from when I was in high school.

Great tickets, Premium VIP, sat on the stage, yada yada yada....

The reason for the post is the gear I saw being used. A grand total of ONE Jackson. A less expensive import RR by a band on the second stage called Snake Skin Prison out of Austin, Texas (they were pretty good, and put on an entertaining show).

Saw a hand full of custom shop Charvels (will post pics later), and one Wayne Charvel.

And these were bands who used to play Jackson back in the day, and should be using them now. Where are the guitarists who play Jackson?!?

I saw :
    Snake Skin Prison
    Bullet Boys
    Skid Row
    Dokken
    Queensryche
    Bang Tango
    Faster Pussycat
    Stephen Pearcy (Ratt)
    Y&T
    LA Guns
    UFO
    and Tesla

Didn't see every act who played, and we skipped all the shows today to get back to Houston, but needless to say, I was a little disappointed not to see more Jackson/Charvels. Lots of Les Pauls. A few Stratocasters. Some Hamers. One Jackson, maybe 3 Charvels, and a Wayne.
    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson SLATQH
    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
    Jackson DKMGT (project)
    Kramer Focus 1000
    Ibanez SDGR Bass
    Ovation Celebrity
    Martin Backpacker

Interesting, other than that how were the bands? sounded pretty cool to me, wish I could have gone!

Comment

most of those bands did not play Jacksons in their heyday or ever, really.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think people should start to be concerned about something else but just Gibsons...
        "You deserve what you dream"

Comment

I'm kinda not seeing your point. None of these bands used Jacksons, really, and I think only one player from any of these bands was ever an endorsee. Here's what they primarily used back in the day:

Dokken - ESP
          Queensryche - ESP & Gibson
          LA Guns - BC Rich and Gibson
          Ratt - only Robin played Jacksons and he's been dead for a long time.
          UFO - Gibsons
          Skid Row - don't know, but they weren't Jacksons.

Comment

Lynch played Kramers and Charvels as well, and Jeff Pilson played a Jackson bass.. lynch actually had a Japanese Market Signature model Kramer which is almost just like his ESP. Reverse banana headstock, HxS pickup configuration. The dudes iN Skid Row played just about everything, its hard to tell with them

Comment

Working...
            X