Lacewood Jackson/Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

My Lacewood Charvie. Plays great, super low action, slab rosewood fretboard, Dimarzio hums. Need to sell it cause it seldom gets played.
    what a looker! Needs a Floyd
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The neck on that CS Jackson is insane. Looks a bit like a pancake.
      Why so serious?

Comment

Zoinks!!!! What a neck.Like the Jackson logo w/Blk.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Lacewood is used a lot in furniture here in Australia as G mentioned. By rights I should have a Lacewood SD1 that the owner would not sell after I won it on Ebay. It's a good wood.

Comment

I had a Jackson GC37th anniversary dinky that was made out of Lace Wood With a flame maple top. It was gorgeous and sounded great. To my ears it sounded like mahogany with a bit brighter edge to it. I ended up sellin it to work and then sold it at work to a friend of mine who loves it.
            At least i know where it is.
            Gil

Comment

As I understand it, Lacewood is indigenous to Australia, so it stands to reason you'd see it used in fine furniture there.

It's a beautiful wood, no doubt. I had a Jackson Winger bass and the tone was deep and warm.

If it had been a 5-string or fretless, I'd probably still have it.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                As I understand it, Lacewood is indigenous to Australia, so it stands to reason you'd see it used in fine furniture there.
                it certainly is. We call it Silky Oak over here, but it's commonly known as Australian Lacewood elsewhere.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah silky oak is fairly predominant over here in just about anything. I think we'll see a huge rise in aussie timbers in guitars in the near/future. Australian Blackwood (black acacia?) when flamed is my favourite looking top.

Comment

yea, I've seen a few local manufacturers using blackwood in their dreadnaughts
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
                      Perhaps this should be in another forum. Wasn't sure, but it is about Jacksons and Charvels.

I've not heard of this wood before. My searches tell me that it's pretty common in acoustic guitar construction. However, not so much with solid body electrics.

- What kind of qualities does this wood have?
                      - How does it sound compared to solid mahogany, maple, alder bodied examples?
                      - Would a lacewood bodied axe be considered a heavy or light weight guitar?

Sure is a beautiful looking wood, don't you think?
                      G.
                      that top guitar i believe is an san dimas II which is oiled mahogany body, cant find anything on a charvel with a lacewoood body and wilkinson tremolo

Comment

SDII was available in Koa, Mahogany and Lacewood as per the SDI.

Comment

Bump for one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen!!!

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          Actually, lacewood is more common than you think. All of the Kip Winger basses (USA and Pro) were done in it, including the necks. And I have a Soloist which was stained with a nice red, the neck is also lacewood and unfinished, check the grain! Brad (YetAnotherOne) sold me this killer Lacewood Soloist.

It is extremely similar to that Exotic Dinky as was mentioned above (described in the 1994 catalog). The tone is thick and deep, but has a slight brightness to it. It is very much like alder, but, unlike alder, it has a gorgeous grain to it, almost like fish scales. I believe it is only grown in Australia, or at least that's where Jackson imports the wood from.
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

That PC1 one Phil is playing is a piece of crap.

Here is another Lace:

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Phils version of the PC1 lacewood after he borrowed mine and loved it.

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X