Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Krueger Jackson

i was surfing on collectguitars.com and came across this

can anyone give me some information on it?

is it an original finish?

how many were made?

is it one of a kind?

what are the worth?

i love that finish but have never seen one like that before or since. i'm a huge nightmare on elm street freak and that is just cool.

Re: Freddy Krueger Jackson

that rules!

Comment

I THINK that's a one of a kind, I am not sure.

Comment

Judging from the pic i guess this axe belongs to a jcf member or at least a ex-jcf member. If i remember correctly his name is Tracy but i really don't know if he posts anymore on the jcf. He has one of the most amazing guitar collections i saw, not only Jackson but so many other cool brands.

My bet is also that it's one of a kind since i never saw this graphic on another guitar.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I thought it was probably one of a kind, but i was hoping maybe it was some limited edition i might be able to get my hands on someday.

Comment

I saw that guitar on ebay a few months back. I've got a custom J.FROG with a Freddy graphic for sale. Check it out:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2441391.jpg

Comment

That would probably be a custom shop, one of a kind...

If that was on Tracy Jenkin's page, yes, he is a member here and does post ocassionally.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If memory serves corret, that guitar sold for well under 500 bucks on Ebay....

Comment

Not a one of a kind graphic guys. Remeber the pre-pro EVH I had...the same guy had a Freddy Kruger graphic identical to this one....only it was a maple board ( dots...not fins.....if it had been fins...I would have bought it). -Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I remember as a kid going into Ed Romans store in Danbury CT and seeing a rack of Dean Z cheeso Jackson style guitars with different Freddy graphics. I seem to remember seeing some other brands with Freddy graphics as well, so it was no doubt very popular at the time (in general, not specifically Jackson).

I have often wondered if Ed has his boys paint those Dean Z's up. What a waste of paint and talent.

[ May 04, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

WOW!!!! I posted about this guitar or at least the twin to it a while back.

October of 2000 I believe, I walked into Chappel's Music in Alamogordo New Mexico to get some strings. In the corner I saw this very same guitar. I played it and drooled over it and then asked what they wanted for it. All they wanted for it was $400. They said they sold it over the internet. I was bumbed out. It said Made In USA on the headstock and didn't say Custom Shop or anything. It was in very good shape. I never found out who owned it before. It was a local guy though. There's another guy around here that owns a custom BC Rich Warlock that was supposed to go to one of the guys from Deicide I think. He found it in Dallas TX. This is cool to see. If it's the one I saw, I played it and it was goooooooooooood.

Comment

well, there may be hope for my quest lol.

i'm gonna keep an eye out even more now that i've heard what these things may be going for. i was thinking 1500-2000, not around 400-500.

i was hoping maybe it was some limited edition, freddy was huge for a while there and the guitar looks to be made around that time. so maybe someday i'll be able to get my hands one of them badboys.

Comment

hmmm. That couch looks familiar.......
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that the Freddy graphic was airbrushed on a bunch of stuff. I saw a Kramer Baretta with that graphic back in 1987. I don't think it was factory/custom shop. The "Freddy" airbrush artists were probably a dime a dozen back then. It's kinda like the wavy stripe graphic that Mick Mars had on his Hammer Explorer guitar. I saw just about every knock off brand doning that graphic. Ftops are in the same vein. Everything comes with a flame top nowadays. Jackson probably did this graphic though. Now that I'm awake, I didn't see Custom Shop anywhere on the headstock and all it said was Made In USA. It had the J90 humbucker and the same trem as the Model Series Charvels.........I think the JT6. It was a heavy axe and the neck was finished like the Charvel Model Series. I sure wish I could have snatched it up.

Comment

guys...jackson putting "custom shop" on the headstock is something that started in the mid 90's...most if not all of the older usa jacksons will only say jackson and made in the u.s.a. on the headstock...d.m.

btw i think tracy was trying to get 1000 for this one a while back...don't know if he sold it or not...great guy though...

[ May 05, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: diablomozart ]
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                              X