• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rr24

is the new rr24 coming out
    a upgrade of the first one?

no just has a maple board instead of an ebony

Comment

whats the difference between maple and ebony?

Comment

maple is the "blonde" looking wood, whereas ebony is almost black...
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

so other than that they are the same?

Comment

yeah

the RR24 has an ebony board with Pearloid Shark Fins
            the RR24M has a maple board with Ebonal Shark Fins

instock inventory

Comment

I been wondering what would the reason be for them to make a different version
              so thought I would ask on here figured someone would know

Comment

Originally posted by Zsrinn View Post
                I been wondering what would the reason be for them to make a different version
                so thought I would ask on here figured someone would know
                I think there's been a bit of demand for models with maple fretboards, since they don't make many at all. I can only think of one other maple boarded Jackson and that's the DK2M that was launched a couple of years ago, and has sold really well. I guess they thought that there would be loads of guitarists who want a maple boarded RR24.
                I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

The inlays are more likely to be made of "delrin" like on the DK2M. I wouldn't mind owning both a DK2M and RR24M. Even better if they make that white bengal as a production model rather than a limited edition and put it on the RR24M as well as the DK2M.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    The inlays are more likely to be made of "delrin" like on the DK2M. I wouldn't mind owning both a DK2M and RR24M. Even better if they make that white bengal as a production model rather than a limited edition and put it on the RR24M as well as the DK2M.
                    Yeah, that finish works really well. I'd love it if it were a standard production finish.
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

same basic material idea, but I couldnt remember what the material was called...
                      It is Delrin...

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                        I think there's been a bit of demand for models with maple fretboards, since they don't make many at all. I can only think of one other maple boarded Jackson and that's the DK2M that was launched a couple of years ago, and has sold really well. I guess they thought that there would be loads of guitarists who want a maple boarded RR24.
                        Don't forget the DK2LE:

Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Wow!! That white DK2LE is really nice looking. Although it is screaming for a Strat headstock and Warren Demartini "Frenchy" graphic.

Comment

i am dreading, to find one of these in a shop... cos i know i wont be albe to stop myself from trying it out... and if it plays as good as it looks, it's going with me.

i had one in candy apple red with white bevels ordered with a small time luthier, but then he went bust ... now they put it into production >.< least to say, i want one
                            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Those are just great guitars! The LE is still sought after and hard to come by

Comment

Working...
                              X