Forum Activity = Sales/Popularity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
    For what you pay for a DK2M, you'd get something from LTD with an OFR & EMG's, and fretwork that is at least as good.
    True, but personally I'd rather have sharkies than LTD inlays, I'd rather have the Duncans than the EMGs, and I'd prefer the Jackson pointy up the other end! I'll admit, though that the OFR is a very good addition for the price. LTD have the advantage of being able to put fancier hardware on their guitars than similar priced Jacksons because they'll have cheaper costs in Korea than Jackosn do in Japan, but for me, MIJ is a big selling point for the pro series and of course the trem can always be swapped out.

It seems reading that back that I'm trying to bash LTD, which I'm not. But, I think that if I were to buy ESP, I would save for a proper MIJ ESP rather than a LTD, since they're still cheaper than USA Jacksons. Well they are in the UK at least.
    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

And Fett doesn't post anymore, so about 1/2 the volume here has disappeared...
      "POOP"

Comment

For what you pay for a DK2M, you'd get something from LTD with an OFR & EMG's, and fretwork that is at least as good.
        AFAIK anything with an OFR costs at least $800 and for that you can just buy the DK2 and OFR separately.

According to http://www.espguitars.com/guitars.html the only LTD with an OFR is the M-1000 which sells for ~$900.

Comment

I always found the fit and finish on Jackson to be superior to anything coming out of Korea. Not to mention I think Jackson just have that feel to them that you get when it's made someone who cares about the product, and not a person who is throwing them together for a few bucks. You hear of a lot less complaints and issues too, not to mention you don't see nearly as many resold.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
            the trouble is dean will do anything to make money including sullying a great dead players name by turning it into a marketing machine and producing models and upgrades whose only association with that model is the fact they've just plastered his name on the headstock. any 12 year old kid who wants to be cool will by it because it has his name on it.
            Hahahahahahahahaahha, OMG, hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ever heard of Randy Rhoads? Give a little thought to the brand and company that is still raping his name today and putting him on the cover of their catalogs.
            Last edited by guitarzan2; 07-25-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post

Every heard of Randy Rhoads? Give a little thought to the brand and company that is still raping his name today and putting him on the cover of their catalogs.
              I wasn't going to go there, but it is a good point.

Comment

I strongly doubt that Dean sells more guitars than Jackson/Charvel. And if they do, I'll bet 75% of them are the crappy Chinese-made Deans that infest Guitar Center these days. USA Deans are very hard to find, and are even more outrageously expensive than USA Jacksons.

As for message boards being a sales indicator, I don't think that has a whole lot to do with anything.

Comment

Korea, China, and 'Nam.

Are their "OFR"s the Chinese-made version, or the Schaller-made?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Every heard of Randy Rhoads? Give a little thought to the brand and company that is still raping his name today and putting him on the cover of their catalogs.
                    On one hand, I would agree, however, Jackson owes that to Rhoads, since there would be no Jackson if not for Randy.

Dean was already established long before Darrel came around, so it does seem more like they're simply milking his name rather than honoring him.

And Jackson aren't "raping" Rhoads' name. Yes the JS30RR is a low-end model, but the RR1 is the model that represents the Rhoads legacy, unlike Dean's "Dimebag" models that, as I understand it, are simply low-quality throughout the entire range.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I don't see this in quite the same light. The Rhoads is to Jackson what the Les Paul is to Gibson. These two will always be tied to their respective axes bearing their names no matter what.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sidk View Post
                        The two GC's here in Vegas don't even carry USA's anymore. I have to go to (gulp) Ed Romans for a USA Jackson, and as far as I know, nobody carries Charvel.

Loosing Matt to higher end guitars is going to further slow J/C sales. It would be nice if J/C would produce a really high end, no expense sparred model. The people that have money will continue to buy.
                        Speaking of Ed, where did he go? I don't see his sign up over on Industrial any more. I was just figuring my prayers had been answered and he was sucked up into the void, never to return
                        - Adam

Comment

wow

:ROTF:I think I speak for more than just myself, that in the past several years, Dean went from having about 5 Dime models(when he still lived.. RIP) to having 20+ ranging from complete crap(electric tape on a tunamatic setup give me a break, what a goddamn joke) to top of the line,compared to Jacksons 4 or 5 Rhoads models which has been a fairly consistant number throughout the years, and when all of a sudden did Deans become worth 6000 msrp brand new? Can you say crap! i could get a Jackson custom and two pros for that much. Ok just this how many of you would rather the guitar be called the Concord instead? raise of hands.

Comment

besides wasn't that the first time Randy appeared on the cover anyways?

Comment

The Concorde was the original white one (which the LTD was based on). That was it. The black one (that the PCS was based on) was not called Concorde.

There are specific body and headstock shape differences between Randy's original Jackson and his black one.

As well, the Concorde name is a registered trademark (the airplane) so Jackson will not use that name.

Also, if "everyone and their mother" has one, the original loses its lustre.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                On one hand, I would agree, however, Jackson owes that to Rhoads, since there would be no Jackson if not for Randy.

Dean was already established long before Darrel came around, so it does seem more like they're simply milking his name rather than honoring him.

And Jackson aren't "raping" Rhoads' name. Yes the JS30RR is a low-end model, but the RR1 is the model that represents the Rhoads legacy, unlike Dean's "Dimebag" models that, as I understand it, are simply low-quality throughout the entire range.
                                The Dime range from Dean actually does run the spectrum from shitty China made all the way up to... uhh... pretty good China made...

... and USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X