Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson/Charvel pointy headstock who designed it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADR View Post
    Actually. . .a member on Traces site (USACharvels.com) was the one who submitted the design.He's an ex Charvel employee and IIRC submitted the design in either late 81 or 82.
    I don't know all the ditty but my have been working with RR on the design and finalized it.
    If Grover remembered right (Guitar World June 1987) Randy ordered the Concorde in december of 1980 and it was delivered in february/march of 1981. In the article, Grover said: "I had a head design in mind that I wanted to put on it" implying it was Grover's design.
    I can't view the link provided, but maybe someone could at least give the dates provided by the said designer?
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
      yeah the USACharvels.com board is based on a contributing membership which totally sucks for folks who like to lurk and not post. Plus many find it boring because most of the discussions are actually about guitars, guitar players and/or music.

I started the board after I was banned from CC (Charvel Central) and suspended from this board some 4 years ago and liked the idea of having it based on a contributing membership and keeping the discussion about guitars.

We J/C fans are lucky because there are multiple boards/forums out there all with different styles and rules....something for everyone.

Trace, I was banned from your forum probably a year ago (I guess for not posting enough), but I continue to receive emails from you trying to sell me guitars. The one guitar you have that I really wanted back, you refused to sell back to me. Will you please remove me from your email list?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
        If Grover remembered right (Guitar World June 1987) Randy ordered the Concorde in december of 1980 and it was delivered in february/march of 1981. In the article, Grover said: "I had a head design in mind that I wanted to put on it" implying it was Grover's design.
        I can't view the link provided, but maybe someone could at least give the dates provided by the said designer?
        Thanks!
        Yes, that was my understanding too. Randy had the idea well before any Charvel employees. And while he had ordered it late in 1980, he had likely been playing around with the idea even sooner...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Maybe Dolores should demand a liscencing fee for every pointy headstock Jackson and Charvel...kind of like what Fender get with its headstocks.

Comment

Karl Sandoval has also stated that Randy was responsible for the Harpoon headstock on the Polka Dot V. I have also heard rumours that FMIC has obtained the rights to the Harpoon design. I heard it from a guy with ties to the Osbourne camp. Don't know how valid this is, but I wonder if it means there could be some FMIC licensed Polka Dot Vees with the correct headstock. Please don't ask about thie rumour, as this is all I have.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
              Karl Sandoval has also stated that Randy was responsible for the Harpoon headstock on the Polka Dot V. I have also heard rumours that FMIC has obtained the rights to the Harpoon design. I heard it from a guy with ties to the Osbourne camp. Don't know how valid this is, but I wonder if it means there could be some FMIC licensed Polka Dot Vees with the correct headstock. Please don't ask about thie rumour, as this is all I have.
              Not sure about that rumor. The Gibson V shape is taboo to FMIC manufacturing.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I know the round horn V is taboo. That was just my speculation. But, I didn't know why else FMIC would be interested in the headstock design. Although a harpoon headstock on a KV2 would look pretty F***in' sweet.

Comment

Do you have more pics of this harpoon headstock? I only got a glimpse of it from small pics of Randy.

Comment

Here you go mass defect......

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
                      I was dropped for non-posting. At the time I had more to learn than contribute so I didn't post. (That's still true).

I didn't think that the occasional "nice guitar" post to keep myself current was kind of silly and not an efficient use of bandwidth. There was a lot of cool info there though.
                      That's where I am at now. Hence my awesome post count. I don't post just for the sake of posting.

It seams to me that forcing people to post frequently would net you a lot of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
                        It seams to me that forcing people to post frequently would net you a lot of garbage.
                        That is not true. I'm not forced to post, yet I net a lot of garbage....
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
                          yeah that is the risk you take but if you put the time and effort into the board to make sure that there are new topics, eye candy and diverse topics each day it tends to work out okay (for those who stick around).

We J/C fans are blessed because there are so many boards, all with great folks and each has it place.
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[QUOTE=AK47;1129552] It really is an amazing design and simple. QUOTE]

I agree with that %100, I think it looks great and in a way is actually cleaner than a tele or strat.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                              Yeah, I know the round horn V is taboo. That was just my speculation. But, I didn't know why else FMIC would be interested in the headstock design. Although a harpoon headstock on a KV2 would look pretty F***in' sweet.
                              if its true and they have an agreement with gibson that they wont do their shapes, then about the only thing that makes cents to me is to stop others from making polka dot V copies. sandoval and gmw and anyone else could be prevented from using that headstock shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjones View Post
                                if its true and they have an agreement with gibson that they wont do their shapes, then about the only thing that makes cents to me is to stop others from making polka dot V copies. sandoval and gmw and anyone else could be prevented from using that headstock shape.
                                Yeah...I agree. It almost seems pointless since they would be spending money to obtain the trademark/patent and then spend money to enforce the trademark/patent. I guess the guy monitoring Ebay for EVH products would have to up his duties and look out for Polka Dot RRs. Doesn't make much sense - Like I said, its just a rumour!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X