Would like an opinion on pickup color choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    Of those two, the Zebra looks better because the creme matches the cards. Would be cool if you could get the pickups to be black and the light green in the camo.
    Actually, that's a good idea, have a green and cream (if I can get it) or at the least black and green though I need to look at the Dimarzio green again (I've got a guitar with red and green humbuckers). Green and black might look cool.

Comment

Zebra is teh hot

Comment

I like #1. Although the zebra in #2 matches the cards, I find my eye going straight to the white coil when looking at that pic. In #1 I find my eye going to the cards or bullets. In my opinion, if you're going to have a graphic, set the guitar up so your eye is drawn first to the graphic, not the pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
          I like #1. Although the zebra in #2 matches the cards, I find my eye going straight to the white coil when looking at that pic. In #1 I find my eye going to the cards or bullets. In my opinion, if you're going to have a graphic, set the guitar up so your eye is drawn first to the graphic, not the pickup.
          I understand exactly what you're saying. Either the pickups either fade into the background (black is about as subdued as you get) or they merge with the colors.

Case in point. On this Ibanez I had refinished, I considered going with yellow pups, to match the yellow stripes but I think black works better because the pups merge with the other black elements (stripes, F-holes and hardware)

Another example would be my Bengal Charvel. The black pups merge with the stripes. I can't imagine any other color pup working with this finish.

One last example is another Ibanez I have. The colors pups mix with the colors in the fabric finish and help to "pull them out" of the black component of the finish. On this guitar, I think black pups would make the finish seem too dark overall.

Comment

I really like the 1st picture personally.

Either way it's a kickass design you got goin man

Comment

How do you copy and paste pictures from the guitar generator?

Comment

Again, I'd personally go with the zebra set up.
                Now tell us more about those Ibanezes - they're both freakin' incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                  How do you copy and paste pictures from the guitar generator?
                  I use a screen capture program called Hypersnap DX. Just do a search on Google for "screen capture" and you should be able to find a free program to do the job.

Comment

You don't need a program to do screen captures, unless you plan on capturing snapshots from a video. If you use windows, pressing "Prt Scr" (Print Screen) will copy the entire display (except most video streams), so you can paste it into your picture editor of choice.

As for the pickups; I'd go for the zebra 'bucker + black single. You've got some wicked plans for that Charvel! I like it!

Comment

Placed a pickup order today - went with the zebra Tone Zone for the bridge and black Chopper for the neck. I still may get the neck pickup cover painted to the match the camo finish. I think that might be cool to "hide" it and make the guitar look like a single humbucker.

Comment

I vote zebra too. It pulls the card color in. Nice design.

Comment

The black, uncovered humbucker makes it look like a cheap gimmicky guitar. The zebra gives it a lot more character and just looks a bit more flash. I personally would have the coils the other way round though, have the cream one closest to the bridge.
                          Why so serious?

Comment

Working...
                          X