Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is some talk about jackson coming out with some Production 7s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
    I beleive Vai started or was one of the first to use a seven string so alot of 80's fans are hip to those but who actually wants to spend USA pricing on one?
    There were old jazz guys using the 7-string long before Steve.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nevermore. Loomis is becoming one of the most the most influential & respected players in metal, if he isn't already.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe they aren't hugely popular by mainstream standards, but Jackson guitars are aimed at the metal market, and tons of young guys want to emulate Loomis.
      Last edited by dg; 08-03-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Exactly dg (thank you)
        Players like Loomis, Chris Broderick, Andy James, Shane Gibson,Steve Smyth, Tom Kopyto, Tony Macalpine use them all the time.
        The guys in Evergrey used 7's on their latest CD (which sounds great BTW),
        Petrucci, still uses them all the time, Even Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert use one occasionally.
        If you don't know who all these guys are , look them up on youtube, they are all great shredders that are leading the way for the next generation of up and coming metal guitarists.
        Believe me when Korn and all that Nu metal shit was popular a 7 string was the last thing I ever thought about getting. That was a horrible way to use one (that dense wall of sound with the mids scooped out sucked).
        Now I have to make myself play my 6 strings, my 7's have opened up the fret board in so many interesting ways, .............. but I'm not going to defend this here any longer.
        I asked a simple question, I didn't want to open a pissing match.
        I mean I don't go into the Charvlel So-Cal threads and be-little the guys in there about letting go of 1985.
        If that's what you're into , so be it.
        If you're not into 7's that's you decision, thinking this is a 1999 fad shows how out of touch you are with what's going on in the current metal scene.
        Alot of the players over on the Sevenstring forum play Jacksons as their 6's.
        those guys (me included ) would love a USA Jackson 7 string.
        and unlike over here , alot of those guys are actually in giging bands.

(BTW DG, that is the song (that CD actually) that got me into 7's in the first place).

Stuff like this is a blast to play
        Last edited by kmanick; 08-03-2008, 02:25 PM.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

You young kids and your darn 7 strings! Why back in my day...
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

sadly I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this forum
            (I'm the second oldest over on the SS.org forum)

Comment

I remember when Vai was beginning to play the 7 stringer and I panicked thinking this was the way of the future. I had just started to learn to play and I thought 6 strings were already becoming obsolete. :ROTF:

My hands are so small, I don't think I could play a seven string guitar because the neck look sso wide.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Classical guitars generally have necks as wide or wider than most electric 7-strings.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  There were old jazz guys using the 7-string long before Steve.
                  I know that but Vai was the first to do it with Metal and on a electric, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                    Well considering this forum has 12,000 memeber and only 1,200 active members and the SevenString Forum has 9,740 member and 6,000 active , I'd hardly call it a fad.
                    7 strings are still vey much in use (and finally by guys that can actually play them ) not bands like Korn and Lincoln Park. thank god that shit is over.
                    But I should know better coming over here to a forum that is predominantly still worshipping players like Warren Dimartini, Eddie Van Halen and George Lynch.
                    Geez my mistake.
                    oh and Toejam , I agree a 4 + 3 would look great.
                    I worship Chet Atkins and Roy Clark. Never heard of Eddie Van Lynch or whatever his name is.

Comment

I don't know if Vai was the first on electric, but he probably was the first to bring it into the hard rock/metal format and use the low B more as the 7th string instead of the high A that most people did.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                        Exactly dg (thank you)
                        Players like Loomis, Chris Broderick, Andy James, Shane Gibson,Steve Smyth, Tom Kopyto, Tony Macalpine use them all the time.
                        The guys in Evergrey used 7's on their latest CD (which sounds great BTW),
                        Petrucci, still uses them all the time, Even Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert use one occasionally.
                        If you don't know who all these guys are , look them up on youtube, they are all great shredders that are leading the way for the next generation of up and coming metal guitarists.
                        Believe me when Korn and all that Nu metal shit was popular a 7 string was the last thing I ever thought about getting. That was a horrible way to use one (that dense wall of sound with the mids scooped out sucked).
                        Now I have to make myself play my 6 strings, my 7's have opened up the fret board in so many interesting ways, .............. but I'm not going to defend this here any longer.
                        I asked a simple question, I didn't want to open a pissing match.
                        I mean I don't go into the Charvlel So-Cal threads and be-little the guys in there about letting go of 1985.
                        If that's what you're into , so be it.
                        If you're not into 7's that's you decision, thinking this is a 1999 fad shows how out of touch you are with what's going on in the current metal scene.
                        Alot of the players over on the Sevenstring forum play Jacksons as their 6's.
                        those guys (me included ) would love a USA Jackson 7 string.
                        and unlike over here , alot of those guys are actually in giging bands.

(BTW DG, that is the song (that CD actually) that got me into 7's in the first place).

Stuff like this is a blast to play
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7o8mEbgBCc
                        I was actually just kind of joking. I didn't mean to offend you. It makes sence though that Fender would do this under the Jackson name. You sure as hell aren't going to see any 7 string Strats any time soon.

Comment

Bring it on Jackson, I will buy one. Sold through the dominant online marketplaces, a Jackson seven would do very well, I reckon. You boobirds are out of touch. It happens to us all at one time or another

Comment

I want a USA select 7 string . Don't care for Ibanez's and the other brands that have been doing them. So if Jackson were to do a quailty 7 , I'd be all over it.

Also Misha (aka Bulb) from Periphery has been creating some pretty cool stuff with his 7's.

Comment

Bulb has a very disctinct style.
                              His stuff is pretty technical as well.

Comment

For those of you who struggle with 6's I can see your 1999 reasoning, but those of us who can play like something different from time to time. Sure I thought they were lame and useless too, but Loomis man

I want a usa 7 string in production because currently the only guitar I'd buy new would be a schecter and that kinda sucks! 26.5" and 7 strings sounds fucking massive. I'd also buy a baritone 6 too. And if you want jackson to target the current 'trends' I believe that would be shit esp ltd's, and I'd rather they didnt want that market.

Comment

Working...
                                X