Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is some talk about jackson coming out with some Production 7s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is some talk about jackson coming out with some Production 7s?

There is some talk over on the Seven String forum that Jackson will be
    unveiling some new production 7s soon.
    Anyone have any info on this?
    A 7 string SL2H would be my end all of electric gutiars.
    I am so hoping they will put one out that doesn't cost me $8,000.00 to get
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

7 strings are SOOO 1999....

Comment

That's weird... because I think the same thing. Same year and everything.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Meh...
        I would like to see a real KV2T first.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          7 strings are SOOO 1999....

Agreed. Nothing like jumping on a fad 10 years to late.

Comment

Would be very cool if they did it with the 4+3 headstock instead of the inline which looks too big on the 7s.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
              Agreed. Nothing like jumping on a fad 10 years to late.
              +1

Its on the waining side of popularity. Now a Baritone would be the way to go if they want to be trendy.

Comment

Maybe they will have relic finishes. That would make perfect sense why Jackson would make them now.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Meh...
                  I would like to see a real KV2T first.
                  One with a 25.5" scale?
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Never cared for the 7 stringers.....I'll figure out the six string first.
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Well considering this forum has 12,000 memeber and only 1,200 active members and the SevenString Forum has 9,740 member and 6,000 active , I'd hardly call it a fad.
                      7 strings are still vey much in use (and finally by guys that can actually play them ) not bands like Korn and Lincoln Park. thank god that shit is over.
                      But I should know better coming over here to a forum that is predominantly still worshipping players like Warren Dimartini, Eddie Van Halen and George Lynch.
                      Geez my mistake.
                      oh and Toejam , I agree a 4 + 3 would look great.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                        One with a 25.5" scale?
                        Yes. Pretty much a KV2 with string thru bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                          Well considering this forum has 12,000 memeber and only 1,200 active members and the SevenString Forum has 9,740 member and 6,000 active , I'd hardly call it a fad.
                          7 strings are still vey much in use (and finally by guys that can actually play them ) not bands like Korn and Lincoln Park. thank god that shit is over.
                          But I should know better coming over here to a forum that is predominantly still worshipping players like Warren Dimartini, Eddie Van Halen and George Lynch.
                          Geez my mistake.
                          oh and Toejam , I agree a 4 + 3 would look great.

Point is who is using them still? I cant think of a single popular band except maybe Korn that is using them today.

I beleive Vai started or was one of the first to use a seven string so alot of 80's fans are hip to those but who actually wants to spend USA pricing on one?

Comment

I dont really like a guitar tuned that low. The low end is the bassist's job. Perhaps I'm just old school.

Comment

7-strings are also used by Jazz players, and Jackson dropped the Jazz'R, so I doubt they're going to get that crowd.

It's not a question of popularity, it's a question of sales potential. Are there enough buyers in the market to sustain a Jackson USA 7-string production model? Only Jackson knows.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X