Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is some talk about jackson coming out with some Production 7s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would LOVE a Jackson 7 string production model. The only other 7 string I've looked into is the Ibanez 7string Xiphos, never played one tho.

Comment

i just got an Iby 7321 on the cheap, been loving it.
      i wished there was a jackson 7 to be found when i was looking for it, but this one is great, excellent for 280.00 with a case new, so i would have prolly got the Iby anyway.
      I went down and checked out the the ibanez 7 strings when they first came out, and i liked them, but they were way to expensive for me at that time, otherwise i might have been playing one since then.

Comment

Not a big fan of the 7 string - have enough work to do with 6. Uli Jon Roth has been playing a 7 string for a LONG time and is still currently playing one.

Comment

I finally sold my 7-string Warrior. Couldn't do anything with the low B aside from chugga-chugga and the occasional lead lick that either stopped or started on the B.
          Thought about putting a high A on it instead, but really didn't see a need to play solos only dogs can hear.

6 strings are enough for me.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

7-string Jacksons, you know what I say Nick: bring 'em on.

Is there any hint if these guitars will be USA select or Pro. series yet? I'd love an RR7 (24 fret, rearloaded, fixed bridge, ebony and MoP), but wouldn't be too pushed if they were imports like the DR7s.

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
            I was actually just kind of joking. I didn't mean to offend you. It makes sence though that Fender would do this under the Jackson name. You sure as hell aren't going to see any 7 string Strats any time soon.
            It has been discontinued, but actually they did make a (cheap as chips) Squire Strat VII...

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
              7-string Jacksons, you know what I say Nick: bring 'em on.

Is there any hint if these guitars will be USA select or Pro. series yet? I'd love an RR7 (24 fret, rearloaded, fixed bridge, ebony and MoP), but wouldn't be too pushed if they were imports like the DR7s.

It has been discontinued, but actually they did make a (cheap as chips) Squire Strat VII...
              I had no idea. That suprises me.
              I tend to think of fender as the Titanic of companies. They are so big and so conservative that it takes them much longer than anyone else to respond to the market. I am not saying that this is a matter of fact. It is simply my perception of them.

Comment

We've got a used DR7 here for $250.00 shipped with gigbag, if anyone is interested in a Jackson 7 string.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                35 Pleasant St
                Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                781-335-0700
                www.mattsmusic.com
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                  sadly I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this forum
                  (I'm the second oldest over on the SS.org forum)
                  I'm 38 and I still love em... I just use em cuz they sound heavy, chunky... I'm not a lead player at all... I'd love a USA production model...

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Oh yeah, there's this one too... Not a Jackson but... (And for the record, I HATE KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

I'd love to try that Eerie Dess 7 you have Charlz
                      that thing looks smoking!!
                      How's it play? does it feel like a Jackson 6(but 7)?
                      if I could get one like that (but with passives, BK's would go into it)
                      I'd be all set
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

It's a pity that there is no USA Jackson in 7 string other than custom. The only choice that you have is Ibanez (crappy : my RG 7 620 is way under my japanese Dinky in terms of quality), Caparison that does not make neck thru, Lag Stephan Forté signature is bolt on too. I don't know about Schecter, but I have small hands, I can't imagine myself playing a 7 string with longer scale like the Jeff Loomis signature...

If you want a really good 7 string, USA production, in neck thru, nothing available. Maybe Carvin, but they are not imported in France and I don't know about this brand. That's why I think Jackson would be without competition if they release a USA select 7 strings (soloist of course!).
                        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Carvin 7's are great playing 7's (mine is my #1 guitar)
                          I actually have a 7620 that I like very much, but you're right, it doesn't compare to a Jackson.
                          Schecter 7's a big animals, I've owned 3 of them (including the Loomis model)
                          I have fairly large hands so it was a non issue for me, but however you look at it, they are still Korean imports and will only be so good. (the Loomis was by far the nicest of the 3 I had)
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Truthfully, I'd rather they bring back a proper Warrior and a SS RR model.
                            Also a roundhorn V.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                              I'd love to try that Eerie Dess 7 you have Charlz
                              that thing looks smoking!!
                              How's it play? does it feel like a Jackson 6(but 7)?
                              if I could get one like that (but with passives, BK's would go into it)
                              I'd be all set
                              Yup feels like a Jackson 6 (but 7.) I only wish I'da left the neck unfinished. I think the finish gives it a little extra thickness. (Not that I'm in any way unsatisfied with it. It's a beautiful piece of work.)
                              I actually like the neck on the KV better. It's a speed neck, (unfinished mahagony.) Not that I use it for speed, but it feels 'smaller' than other 7 string necks I've played. It's my favorite neck on any guitar I've played, 6 or 7 strings. Fits me perfectly.

Comment

Korn did something which was kinda cool and unique at the time... can't say that about 7 string players now... you got an extra note for your arpeggios and 3 extra notes for your up and down scale excercises and that mean open B for chugga chugga... I guess that works for some folks... but there's nothing you can't do on a 6 string.... 7 string just looks like a 6 string's ugly fat brother... I know there are some kids who desparatley need 9 string basses to "discover a new world" until they see players like Stanley Clark play the most insane things you can imagine on a good old 4 string bass
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X