George Lynch with bengal Strathead Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch with bengal Strathead Charvel

The new Guitar One mag has a little article about George and Jeff's new band, and the pic has George with his old one hum/Floyd, black/yellow Strathead (matching headstock) Charvel. The Charvel logo is pretty much covered up by an ESP logo, but the JT6 Kahler-type lock nut is still on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: George Lynch with bengal Strathead Charvel

I noticed the same pic - but couldn't figure out the original headstock logo, because it lools like it ends with "al" instead of "el". I'd always thought it was a Charvel, but this latest pic confused me.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the original logo was changed to "al", not sure why, though.

Comment

because it's not a charvel logo at all....i actually scanned that pic and sent it to kev a few weeks ago when we were talkin about it. agreed that all you can see is the "AL" but it's not a charvel font or anything... heh, that would be funny if it were a sandoval logo. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hmm, if it were a Sandoval logo, would it cost him $200 extra? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Rumor has it that the original Bengal parts guitar had a Sandoval neck, but I hear some dudes say that it was a Charvel...who knows!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              Hmm, if it were a Sandoval logo, would it cost him $200 extra? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well no, joe, the logo is free, the $200 is the "gettin off my overrated ass" administrative fee that georgie would have to fork over should he want to bother mister sandshovel with questions about his work. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully

[ May 05, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Mr. Sandshovel! LMFAO!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesnt slo100 own this guitar?

Comment

No...SLO 100 owns a basswood bengal Strat that was made by Charvel...the guitar that these dudes are talking about is George's famous main guitar from back in the day, with one humbucker.

Comment

it's not a Cherval, is it? I see them all the time at the same Sunday market stall that sells Deen guitars, Marshell & Soldino amps, and Racktron effects gear. They also sell footwear - I picked up my last pair of Convarse there.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

It absolutely is a Sandoval logo. Karl built George's orginal neck, it has since become the endorsomatic. I have seen more recent pictures of this guitar with an actual ESP neck and ESP style headstock. The info on this guitar was once posted on George's website, so I'm fairly certain that it is accurate. This guitar has had many necks, but the original, with graphic to match, has a Sandoval logo, covered up by the ESP. Kind of like people calling Georges original 'bones' guitar an ESP. Boy, they were ruthless back in the day, insisting that everything George played had an ESP logo pasted on it!

Comment

George contacted me and said he wanted to trade his #1 to me to get the dinky back...NOT!

That is not the original neck that is pictured in the magazine. The original neck was 21 frets and can be seen in the Breakin' The Chains video (along with a brief shot of the green bengal). In the Just Got Lucky you can check out the #1 guitar with a Charvel logo on the Charvel neck. You have to look quick because it is only flashed a couple times in the mirror shots.

The #1 has indeed sported everything from Charvel to Kramer necks. The one in the pic has the Charvel ball end, dots, and squared off headstock so I'm not sure what to make of it. Remember Karl used to work at Charvel and Randy's polka dot V was a Charvel body. Karl didn't necessarily shape all his parts. I've never seen a Sandoval logo that had block font letters...I would question the validity of the claim that it is a Sandoval logo without having seen another like it.

Do you have more info than I know, Jeff? (Highly likely).

Bret
                          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I read somewhere online that 'a' neck that he had on the guitar was a Sandoval. It was not necessarily the 'original' neck, but it was painted to match the body, and it seemed to be the neck that was on this guitar more than any other. So anyway, I read that it was a Sandoval, so I pulled out my George Lynch Milan Clinic video and did some frame by frame scrutiny. Sure enough you can clearly see the 'oval (from Sandoval) not quite covered up by the ESP sticker. The more recent pictures show the original tiger with an ESP style strathead (no ball end) I believe the Sandoval neck is a 22 fretter. I will try and get some still pics and have them posted.

Comment

Yeah, any pics you have I'd love to see. I have done countless hours of research on Lynch Charvels (looking for tidbits about mine) and thought I had the lineage pretty well down.

Lemme know what you got!
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X