Demmelition V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demmelition V

I know this guitar has been discussed already, but instead of grouping this into another thread I wanted to keep this simple and to the point.

Those who have played or bought the Demmel V, how does it compare to a KV2? I'm talking in terms of feel, and quality.

Also most importantly, does it come with real Jumbo Frets?
    I heard that the OFR is different, (to accomodate the drop B) is that true, if so what has been changed?

In US currency about how much is this out the door?

There's more questions, but I can't think of 'em right now.

Thanks guys
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

the tremolo isn't changed, its an OFR, it just comes with an extra spring ( four) just to make it suitable for the drop tuning it comes with.
    Tell me about it!

Comment

Thanks, I was told otherwise, but I didnt think so.
      I'm awaiting my DK2L that I ordered, then I'm looking to buy one of these, and for the price I can't hardly pass it up.
      I've been wanting a neckthru KV w/ jumbo frets for a while, and this is as close as I'm gonna get for the money.

-eliminate the tone knob, selector switch, and neck pickup.
      I'm also gonna shave the paint off of the neck too.

There's no way I'd find a lefty for that price, so I'm gonna jump on it.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven

Comment

Wouldn't you need less springs for drop B?

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
          the tremolo isn't changed, its an OFR
          It's an OFR, it's just not made in Germany any longer. I think it's China or Korea.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            Wouldn't you need less springs for drop B?
            No, because you'll also need heavier strings.

Comment

Made in Korea. The guitars play GREAT - feel just like a RR24, if you've played one of them. They're not exacly like my KV2 or Y2KV's which have 6105's, which I personally prefer. Have you guys seen Machine Head lately? They are unreal right now.
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

The Floyd is made in Korea... to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                  The Floyd is made in Korea... to be exact.
                  You can tell, my tremolo bar does not fit perfectly into the hole which causes the bar not to move very smoothly compared to my KV2. It seems as if the hole wasn't drilled straight...

Comment

I had to bring out 5 arms for Phil a few weeks ago. The old bars don't fit in these new ones. What's your address, let me send you one to see if it fits better. If not, I'll send you a new guitar.

Comment

A lot of people are stating that the Demmel V is made in Korea, but mine was clearly made in Japan. I don't know if they are manufacturing them in two different plants or not though...

The Floyd unit on mine is the best I have played, no joke. The bar stays where I put it and the tension is great. I play tuned down anyway with my other instruments so it was a perfect match for me.

The neck feels great and the frets are more jumbo/slightly medium feeling to me...if that makes any sense. I really like the way it plays.

This is my first post by the way...glad to be here.

The best thing for me is the placement of the knobs/switch. I could not buy most standard Jacksons since I hit the volume knob while playing since it was placed so far up on the body and also I use the switch a lot (ala Yngwie) and putting it between the volume and tone knob just didn't work for me. I was thrilled that this guitar took care of that problem by placing the switch first followed by two volume knobs. An added bonus was no tone knobs...does anyone even use those?

Thanks to Jackson and t Phil for putting out such a killer instrument!

PS - I got mine for $875 + tax from my local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by morbidus View Post
                        A lot of people are stating that the Demmel V is made in Korea, but mine was clearly made in Japan. I don't know if they are manufacturing them in two different plants or not though...
                        There's no question the guitar is made in Japan. It's the Floyd now that's made in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          There's no question the guitar is made in Japan. It's the Floyd now that's made in Korea.

It's the same floyd that is on the SoCal, right?

Comment

Originally posted by morbidus View Post
                            The best thing for me is the placement of the knobs/switch. I could not buy most standard Jacksons since I hit the volume knob while playing.

PS - I got mine for $875 + tax from my local shop.
                            The main reason I'm interested is the knob placement,Jumbo frets, and it's a neck through.
                            Can't get a good deal on a lefty KV2, and they don't have Jumbos anyway. The one thing that I'm not liking so much are the cutaways on the V. But at that price, I may just have to live with it.

Speaking of, what shop did you get yours at for $875?
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

The Demmelition V's are made in Japan. The Floyd on them is made in Korea.

Comment

Working...
                              X