A quick question on endorsements.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question on endorsements.

I love my Jackson RR as much as you all love your's and it would be awesome to have a deal with such a great company. My question is if any of you have any idea what the requirements are to be able to score a deal with Jackson. Not really into getting free guitars. Just want a deal with the company. Thanks for all of your replies.

I think you have to send a EPK or equivilent to the HQ in Scottsdale....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

" Jackson Submissions
      Because we get so many requests, if you feel you have what it takes to be a Jackson Artist and are already a die hard Jackson player...
      Send me a press kit & current gear list to:
      Jackson Guitars
      c/o Chris Cannella
      8860 E. Chaparral Rd, 100
      Scottsdale AZ 85250
      USA

Thanks for your interest!
      Chris"
      "I just wanted to put up a message to all about being endorsed by Jackson guitars. If someone wants to be a part of this family, first you must love and live Jackson! With our roster there ARE new bands who are developing a relationship with us and some that have been with us for more than 20 years! if someone wants to be endorsed for free guitars then this isn't the company for you. We are about devloping family relationships and growth. We have offices globaly and try to take care of our family everywhere. I just wanted to let the world know, those who are with us now and those who will be there tomorrow worked their asses off and believe in Jackson and being a part of the tight Jackson family. They deserve it!"

Comment

I think you have a better shot at getting endoursed by ESP, my little sister is coming out with an ESP sig model because she bangs at guitar hero. ESP's philosophy is that if they endourse every guitarist on the planet, there will be no one left to buy their competitors products.

Comment

the above is true but not in all situations...if you think that the jc guys aren't paying attention to what goes on around here you'd be wrong...so i'll keep it simple...play your jacksons, write good songs, and get your band out there playing...while the epk may help bring you to their attention it won't guarantee you a spot...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronharmon View Post
            I think you have a better shot at getting endoursed by ESP, my little sister is coming out with an ESP sig model because she bangs at guitar hero. ESP's philosophy is that if they endourse every guitarist on the planet, there will be no one left to buy their competitors products.
            Yep. My dog's new Mirage model comes out next week. It's pretty slick!
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              Yep. My dog's new Mirage model comes out next week. It's pretty slick!

Sweet, I am in for 3. One to play, one for my collection and one to flip in a few years when your dogs album goes platinum (I hear he is opening for Metallica on their new tour)

Comment

Actually ESP is the hardest to get an endorsement with guys. They require neilson soundscan numbers, label contact, management contact and booking. You have to be a national touring band. Our singer was an ESP Artist when he was in 40 Grit (Metal Blade Records), now that he's with us and no label and no soundscan numbers (we're just starting out)... ESP won't look at him even though he has a past with them... no loyalty what so ever. He's petty bummed cause he needs 2 new guitars bad and he loves ESP Guitars so he'll get them off ebay.

I also have a friend that wants a Jackson Artist deal but won't get it because he doesn't play Jacksons currently or in the past...
                Last edited by RD; 08-24-2008, 05:51 PM.
                USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the information. Jackson's the best guitars. I remember getting my first Rhoads and it was the prototype RR24. Best guitar I've ever owned to date and I've had a couple Jacksons in the past. Ever since that buy, I never tried out any other brand of guitars but Jackson. Thanks once again for the information. Really helpful. Jacksons all night, Jacksons all day.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                    Actually ESP is the hardest to get an endorsement with guys. They require neilson soundscan numbers, label contact, management contact and booking. You have to be a national touring band. Our singer was an ESP Artist when he was in 40 Grit (Metal Blade Records), now that he's with us and no label and no soundscan numbers (we're just starting out)... ESP won't look at him even though he has a past with them... no loyalty what so ever. He's petty bummed cause he needs 2 new guitars bad and he loves ESP Guitars so he'll get them off ebay.

I also have a friend that wants a Jackson Artist deal but won't get it because he doesn't play Jacksons currently or in the past...
                    Well, in that case, Fuck ESP!

Comment

Working...
                    X