possibly a good sign ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possibly a good sign ??

possibly a good sign , earlier tonight I went to a local gc to buy a smaller amp for in the house , whilst I was there I decided to look at the guitars too.For the first time ever , I saw more then 10 jacksons ( import , bolt on necks - but still jackson's (0 charvels )) !!!!!!!!!!

Does this hopefully signal some selects coming ?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

That's awesome! I haven't been to guitar center for about 6 or 7 years. Me and my friend are planning a trip this saturday to the Monroeville,PA store. Hopefully they have some cool stuff.
    I sometimes browse the used gear on their online store. It's cool cause it shows the store inventory of all the stores across the US.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Heh, i was just standing outside the front door of one earlier waiting for a dude to bring me my gt-10, i didn't even go in the place

I was in their at christmas and they had one rr3 and one rr5.

Comment

IIRC ,

there was an emg warrior
        2 dk2's
        1 dk2r maple neck
        2 rr3's
        rr? crimson swirl - this one played like shit/with a good setup , it would probalbly kill.
        a horrible string thru kelly ?
        rr5 ebony - played great

anyway , turned into a fun trip to the music store

btw ,they barely had any ibanez's (unusual for here)

Comment

Last time I was at my GC (about a month ago), there was not a single Jackson, new or used, U.S. or Import.

Comment

I was in Seattle at the beginning of the month and the downtown GC had a used DK1 nebula and a Dk2M in white. There were a cople of RR's also, all imports.

My local GC had nothing the last time I was there two weeks ago.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

My local GC only has 3 Jacksons. all MIJ RRs

The Sam Ash across the street actually has 7 MIJs of various styles including an SL2H and an SL3
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Why would it be a good sign to have Jacksons in Guitar Denter?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Last time I saw USA Jackson's at guitar center regularly was around 1988. I'd always go down to the San Jose store with my father and point out all the cool Soloists and he would say "Those are too expensive, do you like this Strat?" and he'd get a Strat. Of course, he'd tell my Mom it was for me. So he'd get a new guitar and completely dodge getting in trouble since he would say it was for me.

But yeah, been a long time since I have seen any decent USA Jackson's at GC that weren't previously used and abused. At least during the early 90's they had a good handful of the Pro Series that were really nice guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    Last time I saw USA Jackson's at guitar center regularly was around 1988. I'd always go down to the San Jose store with my father and point out all the cool Soloists and he would say "Those are too expensive, do you like this Strat?" and he'd get a Strat. Of course, he'd tell my Mom it was for me. So he'd get a new guitar and completely dodge getting in trouble since he would say it was for me.

But yeah, been a long time since I have seen any decent USA Jackson's at GC that weren't previously used and abused. At least during the early 90's they had a good handful of the Pro Series that were really nice guitars.

I remember in the late 80's and early 90's the SJ GC did have lots of cool USA Jacksons. I would make the trip there and gauk at them for hours, only wishing I could afford one. They sure were pretty though. Back then my buddy got an 88 limited edition Jackson. Still has it today.
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Last time I was at the local GC, I saw two DK2Ms, a DXMG, a JS30KE, an RR5, and a JS30RR. By far the majority of non-Fender/Gibson guitars was Schecter, then a tie between Dean and Ibanez, then Jackson.
                      Scott

Comment

At the 2 local stores, they have quite a number of Jacksons. L&M probably has 5 right now(though they usually have about 10-12 but they sell fast) and the other shop has 15ish but they have higher prices so they don't sell nearly as fast. L&M actually had one USA Jackson (Soloist) for a while and they currently have a PC1 that is super high up on the wall so I can never try it.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

Yep , before GC bought out rhythm city in Atlanta (mid to late 80's), it was a great store to go to - IIRC normally about 10-15 usa jacksons , 10-15 charvels , and some imports ( these were rarer then usa's )

And Newc - it would be a good sign because ,,,, then it would be easier to try out differen't models\options ..... I've heard about the quality sponsors here !!but sometimes it's nice to play before you pay (I'm probalbly not alone with this thought !!!)

Comment

whatever nice guitar's you see in GC's are gonna be gone soon. At least here, in san jose, the word going around is the GC is pulling all good guitars out of the shelfs and trying to promote their own brand...the laguna's. All their "other" guitar orders can come through MF. Also, they dont have very many amps. They are trying to market their Raven amps or something.
                            Sam

Comment

Each Guitar Center has its own inventory priorities, AFAIK. The three GCs here in the Washington DC differ markedly in what they carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X