Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever heard of Jackson having made a Hanneman sig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of Jackson having made a Hanneman sig?

I heard that Jackson had made a Jeff Hanneman signature for a short time with Jeff Hanneman where Made in USA normally is. It had a Floyd nut with short Kahler truss rod cover in black. It was black and a copy of his Jackson That is all I know.

Is this BS or has anyone heard anything about this guitar ever?

I've heard that there was a Jackson "Stars" Hanneman model available in Japan for a while. Black, dual 81's, Poplar, Kahler, etc. Never heard of a USA model though.

One of the threads I found via google claimed that http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/img/goods/1/1/40621_b.gif was a link to a picture of the guitar. I can't connect to the site though so I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      I've heard that there was a Jackson "Stars" Hanneman model available in Japan for a while. Black, dual 81's, Poplar, Kahler, etc. Never heard of a USA model though.

One of the threads I found via google claimed that http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/img/goods/1/1/40621_b.gif was a link to a picture of the guitar. I can't connect to the site though so I don't know.
      That store always does "artist similar runs" the one I am talking about is an actual one that says Jeff Hanneman on the headstock. It would not suprise me if it was a import only realease or one of those things that died like the Pat Lackman SG wannabe Jackson.

Comment

Yeah, I have never seen/heard of it. I saw that post over on the ESP forum though. So maybe that guy can dig up some pictures or something.

Comment

Never heard of it. He's been with ESP since the very early 90's, so it'd have to have been before that. And I don't think it's that likely at all....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hanneman has a Jackson. He has bought it and it is last guitar that he has bought, thats why he uses it. There was interview in some magazine about it.

This is the one i picked it up from Slayerized.com:

Jackson Custom Shop Soloist with 2 EMG Pickups, Oakland raiders, dead kennedys, and the slayer eagle on it.
            Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
            Jackson "Phobia" King-V
            BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
            SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
            Laney TF300
            Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dimobag View Post
              Hanneman has a Jackson. He has bought it and it is last guitar that he has bought, thats why he uses it. There was interview in some magazine about it.

This is the one i picked it up from Slayerized.com:

Jackson Custom Shop Soloist with 2 EMG Pickups, Oakland raiders, dead kennedys, and the slayer eagle on it.
              The original question is about if they ever made a signature model. Everyone here already knows he's had the Jackson Custom Soloist since the '80s.
              He's played the hell out of it. It doesn't get used much any more, since he sweats a lot and the electronics get ruined, then it gets rebuilt again. It's also had two different nuts... a Kahler-type nut and then a Floyd Rose nut.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If a Hanneman sig model existed - either as Jackson or Jackson Stars, we would have heard about it long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  If a Hanneman sig model existed - either as Jackson or Jackson Stars, we would have heard about it long ago.
                  There was a Jackson Stars model that was derived from the specs of Hanneman's Soloist. Whether or not it was an official signature model for the Japanese market or if everyone just considered it a "sig" due to the specs I don't know.

Did a little digging and found a thread here about one that popped up in 2005. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36348

Comment

That was a limited run ordered by a japanese retailer.

Comment

Wasn't his old Heineken guitar a Jackson too?
                      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                      custom made Les Paul
                      VOX Tonelab LE
                      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                      ADA MP1
                      BBE 422A
                      Lexicon MPX-G2
                      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                      Support Your Local 81

Comment

No, Jeff's Heineken guitar was an ESP. And I think it actually says Hanneman instead of Heineken.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X