Joseph Duplantier Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Duplantier Signature?

I searched but didn't see a thread on this (I'm probably just blind)

Any news on a possible sig for him? I'd love a USA sig of his

Here's a pic of it:

With Gojira's new album coming out soon I think it'd be a good move for Jackson

Looks like a uh.. SLS?

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
      I searched but didn't see a thread on this (I'm probably just blind)
      Because nobody knows who he is?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Because nobody knows who he is?
        I was actually about to ask who he was.. looks like there was a band name listed though it looks more like a typo then a band name.

I hope they have something on youtube, I'm all for finding out about bands i've never heard of, especially if they play jacksons
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

You guys don't know about Gojira?!?!? They're a french metal band that's been around for like 10 years that never really got noticed until they're third album "From Mars to Sirus" got noticed by Randy Blythe of Lamb of God and he kind of exposed them and they got a huge hype around them for awhile. They're a little bit of a different style of metal than what most people are doing, but I really dig em. You can check out some of they're tunes at http://www.myspace.com/gojira

They're website is http://www.gojira-music.com They just launched they're little fan club thingy through Fan Site Productions similar to Lamb of God's "The Congregation"

I could have sworn I saw a picture of Joseph Duplantier's guitar being featured at NAMM this year

and if Kevin Bond (even though I like him) can get a sig model than anybody can

and both guitarists play Jacksons!
          Last edited by TVTiZtiK; 08-26-2008, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Thats nice one!
            Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
            Jackson "Phobia" King-V
            BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
            SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
            Laney TF300
            Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
              You guys don't know about Gojira?!?!?
              I think that's because they a much more popular in Europe than in America.
              I know about this band

Comment

Gojira are great! A few of us have chatted here about them in the past. Although I was going to ask who Joseph Duplantier is too

As much as I like Gojira, I guess Joseph doesn't have the name recognition to warrant a sig model. But then, I was surprised to see that Zoom's new signature series pedals include one for Kiko Loureiro alongside the John 5 & George Lynch models. Kiko's a great guitarist, but I didn't think he'd be well known enough to score his own pedal
                Hail yesterday

Comment

^Actually, Kiko may be more popular than you think. Angra is amazingly popular is some circles.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

A sig SLSMG would be kind of cool.
                    As for Gojira, it's more cookiemonster lead singer stuff. That tends to turn me off the music.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Gojira rocks. Looking forward to the new album.

Comment

Cool guitar, but nothing unique about it. I think that is what Jackson seems to aim for in it's sigs, if Matt Tuck getting one is any indication.

Comment

This picture was taken at Arras, in the north of France! They played as first part of Metallica and it kicked asses! I was there!

I hope that the guitar will be released, as I would like to buy an SLS. I wonder if the guitar is made of mahogany. I asked Joe on myspace if it's expected to be release, but didn't get any reply.
                          What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Working...
                          X