Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

String-thru, short-scale and dinky/soloist production model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String-thru, short-scale and dinky/soloist production model?

Hi everyone,

I have been looking at my Charvel Fusion Custom, and was wondering if J/C have made a production guitar that has a short-scale, dinky/soloist body in tandem with a string-thru bridge, excepting the Charvel 750XL string-thru (which would probably be like finding Hen's teeth)...?

The USA SLS was short-scale (24 3/4"), but they're rare, expensive and not quite a Dinky/Soloist shape.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
      The USA SLS was short-scale (24 3/4"), but they're rare, expensive and not quite a Dinky/Soloist shape.
      Yep.
      Here's a couple some members of this forum have. I've always really loved the blue one.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Jackson Archtop Pro; A japan-made set-neck, very similar to the 750XL, but a little thinner and with an ebony board. It is probably just as hard to find as the 750XL, but often comes in string-thru (it also came with a JT-590 Schaller Floyd, but those are even harder to find).

Comment

That blue one sure is sweet Joe, although I'd prefer it if they stuck with black hardware on all finishes.

Weren't the Sweetones an unusual scale too? 25" perhaps? Although, yet again they're not quite dinky/soloists and are as rare as hens' teeth.

I was tempted by a gold SLS that cropped up on ebay.co.uk. Probably should have bought it when I had the chance...

Comment

Here are a few more pictures of the blue one.

RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

One more.
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                Weren't the Sweetones an unusual scale too? 25" perhaps? Although, yet again they're not quite dinky/soloists and are as rare as hens' teeth.
                Yeah, the Swee-Tone series was 25" scale.
                The Mark Morton model is based off of the Swee-Tone, but it's got 24.75" scale.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. The USA SLS looks pretty nice, though still not sure whether I like the smurf headstock. It is not really an option due to the price anyway.

I was quite surprised that J/C don't seem to have offered a fusion hardtail though. (No Jackson Stars models either...?)

I guess if I were to pursue this more fully, it would have to be an endless wait on ebay or a custom shop route.

Interesting....

Comment

Working...
                  X