No announcement yet.

New Jackson SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't tell from the pics, is it an ebony board or rosewood?
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

You can't get a SLS with a floyd..... can you? I thought all the current SLSMG's are String Thru. Wait that one does have EMG's .....Is it a Limited Run?

Comment

Sls3

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
        Unless I'm missing it, I didn't see much info there.
        can any Jackson reps give more info?
        The new SLS3 is essentially a SLSMG with Seymour Duncan zebra '59 pickups. It will be a regular production model beginning in '09. Mahogany body & neck, built in Japan. They are currently building up stock for its release. I have played the white prototype and it is killer.

And no, no Floyd Rose. The body is too thin to mount a trem unit.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Awesome info, thanks, but the body isnt to thin for a trem, it looks pretty meaty around the strings and pickups! Infact if I have some spare cash and a cheap sls comes up I'll show ya!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
            Awesome info, thanks, but the body isnt to thin for a trem, it looks pretty meaty around the strings and pickups! Infact if I have some spare cash and a cheap sls comes up I'll show ya!
            It'd have to be a top mounted Floyd because of the neck angle. If you have the know how, go for it.. my friend had a OFR put on his Epiphone Les Paul. Cool guitar, but it doesn't sound even 1/10th as good now as it did with the TOM & stoptail. Floyds kill tone, big time.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinroll View Post
              Uh oh....I hear a challenge to the skills of the great Dr. Newcenstein here. :ROTF:
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                Uh oh....I hear a challenge to the skills of the great Dr. Newcenstein here. :ROTF:
                If Dr Newcenstein wants a challenge, he should try getting a floyd on an SG.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Floyds do not kill tone! They may alter the tone, but tone quality is subjective.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    If Dr Newcenstein wants a challenge, he should try getting a floyd on an SG.
                    It's been done. Check out the Heaven and Hell DVD. Tony has a white one with a Floyd.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Floyds do not kill tone! They may alter the tone, but tone quality is subjective.
                      you are right, they do alter the tone. I just really don't like how they alter, especially if you are strapping one onto a guitar that sounds as wicked as the SLSs do.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        It's been done. Check out the Heaven and Hell DVD. Tony has a white one with a Floyd.
                        I have the DVD but haven't opened it. Been meaning to, but got on a Maiden kick and am working my way thru Death on the Road.
                        I thought the white SG was a full thickness one?
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Check out the SLS (Super Lightweight Soloist) family, the SLS-3 with Jackson Product Manager Chris Cannella, as he covers the specs and shred.SUBSCRIBE NOW: ...

Comment

I really like those. I may have to order one.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              If it had a floyd....

Seriously...I don't like the zebra pickups. Either all black or all white would be fine, but that creme color just doesn't work with the white body.
                              +1

how did it get th3 name smurf hat?
                              Last edited by phill_up; 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinroll View Post
                                The new SLS3 is essentially a SLSMG with Seymour Duncan zebra '59 pickups. It will be a regular production model beginning in '09. Mahogany body & neck, built in Japan. They are currently building up stock for its release. I have played the white prototype and it is killer.

Hope it helps.
                                The body is not too thin for a floyd> top mounted or set in. Remember the stealth? The SLS is a stealth but neck through. My SStelath Pro has a Floyd as did my Stealth EX. Altho the HX didnt but it was a string thru body. So Yeah a Floyd would work. Oh and the Ibanez S series is even thinner than a Stealth and they put the Edge trem on those.
                                Gil

Comment

Working...
                                X