No announcement yet.

New Jackson SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true! Nor do Kahlers! Think of the classic Slayer, Alice in Chains, and Megadeth records - all with Kahlers. Not to mention Warren DeMartini and EVH using Floyd's. That's not to say that I don't use something else though (string thru body)...

You can get good tone if you've got a good guitar and rig.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Floyds do not kill tone! They may alter the tone, but tone quality is subjective.
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
      25.5-I`m out.
      Originally posted by phill_up View Post
      was you hoping for a 24 3/4" ?
      Yes, Jack loves the 24.75" scale. I seem to prefer that lately, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd like to see one of those in green swirl...
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
          Anybody get one? It's a cross between the old Select Series SLS and the SLSMG. About a year after I discontinued the Select Series SLS people started asking where it went, LOL! Maybe they saw Joe from Gojira and wanted one. Anyway, the Snow White looks great, huh? That's the one I had at my desk for a few month...
          I've got one of the white ones. I love it.. its the same as my flat black SLSMG in some respects.. awesome playability, wicked value.. but different. Weighs quite a bit less, sounds brighter. Wasn't a fan of the stock 59 in the bridge, but I replaced the pickups with some Bareknuckle Cold Sweats and now it is just a tone monster.

Will you ever make the SLS in a 7 string? Seriously, you would sell out every run you put out.

Comment

Needs a Floyd. And pointy headstock.
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

They look great as they are.
              Would hope that 09 brings about a shorter scale version and some differing pickup options.

S/S/H and a Gibson scale would be different. Call it the SLS Fusion (stoptail) and SLS Fusion T (floyd).
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

i think it's cool as it is!!!! can't wait for a production model. thanks jackson!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd love to see the USA SLS back. I'm in the minority I'm sure, but the 25.5" scale, unique inlays, 3x3 headstock and hardtail bridge are exactly my thing. If someone (unwisely) gave me my wish, it'd have an ash body with transparent finishes, minus the maple top.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote=Flatpicker;1158111]They look great as they are.
                    Would hope that 09 brings about a shorter scale version and some differing pickup options.

+1 for that

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                      I'd love to see the USA SLS back. I'm in the minority I'm sure, but the 25.5" scale, unique inlays, 3x3 headstock and hardtail bridge are exactly my thing. If someone (unwisely) gave me my wish, it'd have an ash body with transparent finishes, minus the maple top.
                      The 22-fret USA version had the 24.75" scale.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        The 22-fret USA version had the 24.75" scale.
                        Do that with the regular thick body and the pointy headstock and I am all over it man

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                          Do that with the regular thick body and the pointy headstock and I am all over it man
                          It isn't an SLS if it has a thick body :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by arbiter View Post
                            It isn't an SLS if it has a thick body :ROTF:
                            Ya, I know

Comment

Are these still available at all? I'm gassing huge for a green swirl...

Comment

Working...
                              X