Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryper Charvel

Hey all-

Hoping someone can help me out here...just out of total curiosity.

I have always been a huge Stryper fan and I could argue that Oz Fox and Michael Sweet may be one of the best duos to ever dual-wield Charvels and Jacksons...but I am pretty biased.

Anyway, once upon a time, I saw the art that came with the "Can't Stop The Rock" CD and in it, there is a picture of Michael holding a black/blue striped guitar, split into quadrants. Long story short, I had my Series 10 (Charvel wannabe) painted like that guitar...it is still the only guitar I own since I am a drummer who just messes around with guitar...but I digress.

Well, I was just on Youtube and was watching Stryper's "Shining Star" video and Michael is playing that guitar in the vid...and I just realized it is a Charvel! Anyone have any idea what model it would be? I suppose I could dig out the CD and look, but thought I'd ask here in case any other Stryper fans reside here...

Thanks!

Well it looks like a model series neck thru. I cant see a pup config. But knowing Michael its probably a model 6. And i think its silver and black. To match the drums and Oz's Soloist.
    Gil

Comment

did anybody see this? can you say Firebird? I wonder how gibson feels about that?

Comment

It looks like a plastic Firebird that was left out in the sun too long, haha!!!

Comment

I as never a fan, but i saw them at magic mountain by chance for free on the Soldiers tour, and Oz Fox shredded, i was impressed, and i admit i thought his yellow and black Rhoads was awesome

Comment

I have been told that 1st Act has some good handmade stuff. As far as their production line, I don't know? Did the guy from Los Lobos ever play the one they made him? I don't keep up but I saw a TV show where they made his custom guitar. I would not have played it. It was very ugly.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

who the heck is 1st act?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                who the heck is 1st act?
                You can buy first act guitars at Walmart... What does that say about their product line?

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                  You can buy first act guitars at Walmart... What does that say about their product line?
                  You can buy it on a blue light special?
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Check that!
                    Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
                    Jackson "Phobia" King-V
                    BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
                    SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
                    Laney TF300
                    Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                      You can buy it on a blue light special?
                      That would be K-Mart.

But you can also find lower level no-frills Fenders and Gibsons at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy... the list goes on...

But why is it automatically trash for being available in a "big box" store? Why not look at it positively? They're making guitars easier to obtain. They're not $2500 masterpieces of musical glory, they're beginners guitars. With today's prices as they are, it's good to have something inexpensive to learn the basics on. And that's the point of it. Spending hundreds of dollars for something that the kid may or may not follow-through with is quite a hard pill to swallow in this economy.

But that's the way it's been for years and years. I'd bet that if we took a poll, we'll find more Harmony (my first electric), Series 10, Kay, Sears, Lado, and Hondo as first guitars than we would Gibson, Fender, Jackson, or even Charvel.

Sorry to turn this thread (momentarily) into an advocacy for beginner guitars.

... and now back to your scheduled thread...

I've seen the guitar in question and I agree with the above, it looks to be a re-painted Model 6. I noticed it as soon as I saw the 6-IL Guitar logo.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                        did anybody see this? can you say Firebird? I wonder how gibson feels about that?
                        http://www.firstact.com/Products/Cus...perYelBlk.aspx
                        I think it looks kinda neat. Though, I want a Matt Pike 9-string!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here is the one I was talking about. Ugh!
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Ugh is right! I thought he was still playing Fenders anyway.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

First Act certainly does the lower end market but quite a few other BIG name companies do the same.
                              They have 'studios" that show their higher end supposedly handmade stuff. I visited the one in Boston...

I didn't buy anything but i gotta tell you they are some seriously nice playing guitars. Looked great and played even better. They even have soundproof rooms to jam in. It is done up VERY nicely. Wasn't sure if i was looking for guitars or a Rolex. They definitely were nice though !
                              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                              X