Me Like 'em Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post

The Charvel neck seems a little thicker than the Jackson. Also, the Charvel neck feels more like raw wood and the Jackson feels a little smoother.

Soundwise, the Charvel screams. I'm getting harmonics out of it I haven't been able to get out of a guitar in a long time. I played strats for awhile thinking they would be very similar to old-school Charvels, but I see now I was wrong. The compound neck radius on the Charvel is just as easy to play as any Jackson, but the thicker neck makes it even more comfortable ... like an old strat with a whole lot of upgrades.

I had a Charvel Traditional awhile back, but there's no comparison. The San Dimas is so retro and what I guess most would consider a real Charvel.
    I should have never came back here, now I have GAS

Wow, I figured the neck on the charvel would be thinner.Are the better harmonics a result of the fatter neck, better woods, OFR or all together? The body on the charvel is larger than the DK2? If there is no comparison between the new charvies and the import charvel traditional, then it has to be a better player than the dk2. I am going to look at the new colors but there should be some of the 1st colors still floating around?

This question is for anyone else who found a way to get these things for $699 off of ebay using paypal, Is that still an option or was that for a limited time only?

Comment

The Charvel Traditional was like a Jackson Dinky ... very similar, but the neck was fatter. I had one with a quilt top and it was really nice, but I wanted a guitar with a one-piece maple neck/board. I mean, I've bought lots of guitars over the years trying to get that Charvel look. I went to GMW when I finally had the money, but by then they stopped selling the preferred headstock. I got a Carvin but it just wasn't the same (still an awesome guitar, though). I bought the Fender Floyd Rose standard strats when they were out (and I think they're available again), but of course they have rosewood boards. I missed the boat on the Kramer 1984 reissues. But to be honest, this is a better guitar all around. Surprising how there's not many one-piece maple neck superstrat style guitars out there. And now the MOTHER of all of them is back!!!
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Looks awesome !
        Congrats on that two !

Comment

Very cool!!! Great pics!!!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X