howdy, new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howdy, new member

New member just wantin to say hey. ive been on this forum the last couple of months and think its awesome. Ive just acquired a dkmg trans red and will post pics as soon as i figure out how.

I also have a question. I went to guitar center yesterday and saw a metallic black soloist with emgs and it was an arch top as well. It didnt have a made in the usa on the headstock so was wondering what is was exactly. It was $800 used and was thinkin about gettin it so could you guys tell me if its a good deal or not. Thanks
    -Dan

Hey dan!
    Welcome to the madness.

Hmmm... did it say Made In USA on the headstock?
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Cheers!...

Comment

get an account at photobucket, then you host the pic there, you link to it here. just mouse over the 2nd icon from the right and you will notice "insert image" past the link, your done! can you get a pic of the soloist? pic of the serial numbers with yo' camera phone?

Comment

Originally posted by dan8185 View Post
          New member just wantin to say hey. ive been on this forum the last couple of months and think its awesome. Ive just acquired a dkmg trans red and will post pics as soon as i figure out how.

I also have a question. I went to guitar center yesterday and saw a metallic black soloist with emgs and it was an arch top as well. It didnt have a made in the usa on the headstock so was wondering what is was exactly. It was $800 used and was thinkin about gettin it so could you guys tell me if its a good deal or not. Thanks
          Prob a SLS type of import.

My best bet,,,

Comment

hola!
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

If it looked like this:

then $800 used is not a deal at all.

Comment

Welcome!

As said before, that sounds like an SLSMG, which for $800 used isn't such a good deal. You can help us more by telling us what the headstock looks like (6-inline or 3-3). Was it neckthough or bolt-on? It could be a super-overpriced DKMGT or something. Good luck with your search!
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

What about the sam ash soloist, I dont think they say made in USA.
                  Jackson SL2H Soloists usually go for $1799 but at my Sam Ash there is one for $899 brand new. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JAC2803071 I asked...

Jackson should have never let that axe be labeled a SL2H if that is what it is called

Last edited by phill_up; 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    Jackson SL2H Soloists usually go for $1799 but at my Sam Ash there is one for $899 brand new. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JAC2803071 I asked...

Jackson should have never let that axe be labeled a SL2H if that is what it is called
                    Good point! I never thought of that. He never really did say it was a hard tail, I just assumed. Did they make those in Metallic Black?
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                      Good point! I never thought of that. He never really did say it was a hard tail, I just assumed. Did they make those in Metallic Black?
                      I think they were offered in Metallic Black and Trans Blue. That could very well be what it is - if so I would probably offer them $700 because that's a nice guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        I think they were offered in Metallic Black and Trans Blue. That could very well be what it is - if so I would probably offer them $700 because that's a nice guitar.
                        Yeah, the black ones had EMGs, the blue ones had Duncans.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome. Look forward to the pics.

Comment

Hey toejam? is the Sam ash any better or worse than the SL3 or the SLSMG?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post

http://www.gad.net/GAD/Guitar/S2H/

Thanks phil up the second link is the exact one minus the silver trem bar and it is in the Dayton guitar center in ohio. Its goin for 800 bucks and was wondering if i should jump on it. its not made in america but is a neck thru with an original floyd rose(I think the japanize version.) Although it was set up horribly, i saw some real potential in it.

Still trying to figure out how to put up an image of my guitar. Got an account on photobucket and have the images loaded on there but dont know how to upload them on here exactly
                              Last edited by dan8185; 09-15-2008, 07:46 PM.
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X