Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon de la musique - Paris

Hello guys,

I don't know if it's the right place to post, but this week end, we had a music "meeting" in Paris. Not comparable to Namm or Frankfurt, but anyway, I took pics of the Jackson booth to share with you.

Unfortunately, there was not a lot of Jacksons, not a single Charvel, and no custom shop at all. Nevertheless, I hope that you will find it interesting :

And for the French specialties, you had :

Vigier Excalibur and Marilyn:

And Lâg Stephan Forte signature (Adagio) :

What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Trés bien!
    Scott

Comment

mmm Vigier rouge.... quel est le prix?
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thank you for the French language, it's a pleasure for me to see that people share my culture.

For the Vigier, the suggested retail price is 2800€ with VAT included (19.6% in France), so it should be with today money conversion near 4000$!!!
        Last edited by SLY; 09-15-2008, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't that mean retail is more like 2400 euro since there's no VAT here?

That's about the same price as a USA Jackson - not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY View Post
            And Lâg Stephan Forte signature (Adagio) :

Love that 7-string! Interesting pickup selector switch and location.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Okay, weird things on the Adagio sig:

1. pickup selector switch
              2. location of said switch
              3. output jack at strange angle
              4. only high side of upper frets is scalloped
              Scott

Comment

It's also got 27 frets.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I do like the angle of the jack. Much less likely to fall out that way.

Comment

Those Vigiers are nice guitars. I got a chance to play one once and the action was incredible. The "zero fret" in front of the nut thing is pretty interesting as well.

Cool pics.
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      Wouldn't that mean retail is more like 2400 euro since there's no VAT here?

That's about the same price as a USA Jackson - not too bad.
                      You're right. Life seems easier when you have no VAT to pay!!! As I'm French, I can tell you that paying tax is my second hobby! Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to chose or not for this one!!!

The Adagio sig is like an Ibanez sabre with a very thin body. The neck is also really thin for a 7 strings. I had the luck to play on Stephan's gear, and that thing is designed for shredding, with a special pickup selector switch really close to the strings to not move far away from the strings while "sending the fingers" like Stephan said. Incredible guitar and very interesting, but I do not like the feeling on this one (neck too thin and action too low). I'm still waiting for a 7 strings USA soloist!

Comment

That pickup switch is exactly where and travels exactly how our old jazz guitars have they're selectors under the pickguard thats usually there, thats interesting

Comment

Tres bon!
                          Love the pink Rhoads!
                          Seeing the amount of Vigiers there, did they happen to have Cristophe Godin doing any demos?

Comment

The Lag seems to be a baryton. Good point.
                            Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

cool pics... thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X