i am new to jacksons need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am new to jacksons need help

some dude is selling me a jackson dkmg dinky with the emg turbocharger for 400 bucks. is that a good deal? and its also missing the nut where the whammy bar goes into and the truss rod cover.

$400 seems about $100 too much if it's missing the bar and the mounting post for it - makes me wonder what condition the rest of it is in.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

other than those two things it is dead mint and comes with a gig bag

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post

No Offense, but "dead mint" according to whom? Have you actually put your hands on this thing yet, or are you going by these pics?

Sounds like you've already made up your mind about this one, but if it were me I'd offer $300 cash, take it or leave it.

There are guitars in better condition to be had in the $400 price range.

Just my $0.02
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Only buy it if you want the Turbocharger gain boost. Otherwise, you could get the newer version of that guitar with actual EMGs for $400. Personally, I'd prefer the Turbocharger with passive pickups to the active EMGs, but probably wouldn't keep the stock EMG-HZs.
          sigpic

Comment

No hardshell case?

-$100

Seriously, $300 would be a very fair offer. Go check ebay to see what prices they fetch.

Comment

It's an older DKMG, to help with your search for price comparisons. $400 seems a bit high to me, too.
              Scott

Comment

Agree with everyone here....-$100 for the parts needed and gig bag

look around for sure~

Comment

well yes i have held it and it is mint except for those things, the gig bag is heavy padded but i am deciding between the jackson or a ps3

Comment

I picked up a brand new DKMG, with the EMG 81/85 combo, a few weeks ago at GC for $399. I'd recommend keeping your eyes peeled for a better deal.
                    Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

ill try to offer him 300 to see if he wants it.

Comment

ill try to offer him 300 to see if he wants it.
                        Not sure why you're so set on THIS guitar. If you've got $400 to spend then spend it and get a guitar in better condition all together.

Why spend $300 on a polished turd when you dont have to.

FYI: There's a nice charvel model 1 in the classified section that comes with a case for a great price. You'd have enough $ left over to get another loaded pick guard for it that you could swap out very easily when ever you want a change.

No, it's not mine, Im just trying to show you that there are better options out there for the money.

-Steve

P.S. Dont be a bucketbrain, take our advice and pass on this one, you'll be happy for it later on.
                        Last edited by UFORocks; 09-16-2008, 10:56 PM.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

I just sold this same guitar & it came with a hardshell , bar , tools & it went for around $315.00. It was a 9 out of 10. So I would say that is a little high.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                            Not sure why you're so set on THIS guitar. If you've got $400 to spend then spend it and get a guitar in better condition all together.

Why spend $300 on a polished turd when you dont have to.

FYI: There's a nice charvel model 1 in the classified section that comes with a case for a great price. You'd have enough $ left over to get another loaded pick guard for it that you could swap out very easily when ever you want a change.

No, it's not mine, Im just trying to show you that there are better options out there for the money.
                            Comparing a DKMG and Model 1 is . . . well, maybe not apples to oranges, but they don't have a whole lot in common. "Polished turd" seems a bit harsh if the guitar is in the stated condition and he likes the features.

If a guitar is available locally for a little more money than a similiar one online, I generally stay local, if for no other reason than it means being able to check out the condition up front versus hoping for the best from UPS/FedEx/USPS and potentially not liking what I end up with. Is that worth an extra $100? Maybe not, but once you figure in shipping, if the difference comes down to $50, holding out for a sweeter deal online may end up being a hassle.

(I'm not saying BUY IT NOW, but consider more than just price.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X